By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Year 1 - Week 52 - Global Switch Sales vs WiiU/XboxOne/3DS/PS4

Switch is looking good, and yet need to have first holiday season.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
xenogears1234 said:

They were putting up a decent fight, Its a shame that whatever small progress they were making this year will be rendered null and void once gran turimso drops oct 17th cause the console bundles especially in europe annihilate everything its one of the very few AAA exclusive titles that can still move the needle significantly on the hardware side.

Thats ok cos switch has SMO on Oct 27th as long as Ninty keep up the supply chain

I wish yall the best of luck then cause mario aint gonna beat gran turismo in harware/software sales especially given the massive difference in the install base of both consoles.

xenogears1234 said:
Nogamez said:

Thats ok cos switch has SMO on Oct 27th as long as Ninty keep up the supply chain

I wish yall the best of luck then cause mario aint gonna beat gran turismo in harware/software sales especially given the massive difference in the install base of both consoles.

I'm not sure you know just what Mario is... Anyways didn't the last game, Gran Turismo 6 only sell around 5 million lifetime? And isn't the upcoming game not even a mainline entry?

Thanks for the Updates! :D

It will be interesting to see where the Switch will end up. Nintendo insist they're shipping 10M, but looking at the graph it looks like the Switch has the potential to do at least 12M.

Updated second table and again many thanks to Guiduc for help with the numbers.

The thread is now fully complete and up to date thank you very much for your patience, things should be a lot better now when it comes to the updates.

Around the Network
LimaBean01 said:
Wow Wii u fell off FAST

Wii U's sales crashed right after the holiday season and never recovered.

Signature goes here!

Switch should have no problem making up ground and pulling into the lead launch aligned these holidays, all-be-it temporarily.

Excellent work Green! you managed to put them numbers up fast.

guiduc said:

And thank you too for helping him with the number crunching!

Kudos for both of you

Bofferbrauer2 said:
guiduc said:

And thank you too for helping him with the number crunching!

Kudos for both of you

My pleasure, Boffer!