By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Man Is Suing His Date For Texting During Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:
In her defence, movie is plenty of pointless moments where you could text your whole family.

No.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
This is what he gets for taking someone to a movie for a first date. Horrible, horrible choice and why he will remain single.

A first date should be engaging and fun. A situation where you can break the ice and get to know each other. A movie is after only a few dates where you can just enjoy the person's presence.

He should not only lose the case but also be fined for wasting everyone's time.

AGREE 100%. What happened to him is what happens to almost every man that is not born as beautiful as a greek god: Rejection. 

He had poor choice for his first date, and paid the price. Move on and live your life buddy.

Superchumky, you are a scholar and a gentleman, hats off to you.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Qwark said:
Guardians of the galaxy volume 2 is a good movie... to watch with a bunch of friends. As a date movie it isn't that great.

Also, movies are terrible settings for first dates: I say go to a coffee shop, a small restaurant or a park, sit down and talk for 20 minutes. Then ask: "Hey, if you like me, we can continue this in a movie or something, but if you do not enjoy me, then I think we should just be friends."

If the girl says she likes you, then ask to kiss her and move along from there. If she says it is better to be friends, shake her hand and say "nice to meet you", and never ever talk to her again unless she starts the conversation.

NEVER EVER waste more than 20 minutes in a girl that does not like you. And for sure do not go to the movies with her.

Dunno about that, movies have worked for me so far. I agree that if both are talkative enough, going somewhere just to talk is probably better, but a lot of people are quiet and shy, and going somewhere to just talk with them can result is awkward silence. I made that mistake once, and nothing good came out of it.

Zkuq said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Also, movies are terrible settings for first dates: I say go to a coffee shop, a small restaurant or a park, sit down and talk for 20 minutes. Then ask: "Hey, if you like me, we can continue this in a movie or something, but if you do not enjoy me, then I think we should just be friends."

If the girl says she likes you, then ask to kiss her and move along from there. If she says it is better to be friends, shake her hand and say "nice to meet you", and never ever talk to her again unless she starts the conversation.

NEVER EVER waste more than 20 minutes in a girl that does not like you. And for sure do not go to the movies with her.

Dunno about that, movies have worked for me so far. I agree that if both are talkative enough, going somewhere just to talk is probably better, but a lot of people are quiet and shy, and going somewhere to just talk with them can result is awkward silence. I made that mistake once, and nothing good came out of it.

Movies are ok if you are SURE the girl likes you, which was probably your case. If you have no idea, then I do not recommend it. A lot of girls will give almost any guy a little chance, and some go on bad dates just to laugh afterwards with her friends.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Perfect thread for this guy. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228552&page=1

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Man Is Suing His Date For Texting During Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

"I'm not a bad woman. I just went out on a date."

The issue of texting in theaters has become a controversial one over the past few years. Now the stakes have been raised even higher with the news of a man who is suing his date for excessive texting during the recent Marvel smash Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

If it bothers you that much, just break up with her...ya tard.

As reported by the Austin-based Statesman, 37-year-old Brandon Vezmar filed a claim to recoup the $17.31 he paid for his date's ticket. The site states that Vezmar met the woman online, and the visit to the theater in Round Rock, Texas, was their first date.

In his petition, Vezmar alleges that the woman "activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages." Vezmar says that she also left the theater after the movie without giving him a lift, and that his subsequent attempts to contact her to get the ticket money refunded were ignored.

"While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society,” Vezmar states in his petition.

The Statesman contacted the woman, who did not know about the claim and asked for her name not to be used. She told the site: "This is crazy. I had my phone low and I wasn't bothering anybody. It wasn't like constant texting. I'm not a bad woman. I just went out on a date."

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn has also weighed in on the issue of the alleged texting during his movie:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 opened earlier this month and is proving hugely successful. To date it has made $636.9 million at the worldwide box office.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/man-is-suing-his-date-for-texting-during-guardians/1100-6450113/

this dude is pathetic.