By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch wins April NPD (over 280k)

DialgaMarine said:
Vor said:

So almost 50 % market share for Nintendo this month? It's nice to see some competition. Would be nice to see how it'll stack up against the PS4 later this year ( you can add the Vita although I didn't think it would made much a difference )

Switch is going to get outsold by a huge margin From September and onward. There's nothing Nintendo can release that will compete with the massive third party games that the device is unfortunately not getting. 

Although I didn't think the system will not have the same level of third party support, it's still far from nothing. Besides we're only a few weeks behind e3. You know, the place when most publisher reveal their big games.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network

Congratulations Nintendo 

Hopefully they can sort out the supply problems soon.

peachbuggy said:
DialgaMarine said:

Horizon isn't third party and last I checked it is still on the charts. But that's what happens when a console has so many games to offer vs a console that has only one game of any noteriety; the sales breakup is a little bit less. 

And yes, Nintendo does need strong third party support if this is going to last. It's already at a disadvantage to not being able to offer any multiplayer-centric games like Destiny, Overwatch, or Battlefront; it's going to need all it can get as sadly Nintendo titles don't push hardware anymore. Before you mention 3DS, keep in mind it's going to finish off its life as Nintendo's worst selling portable, even behind the PSP. 

Nintendo titles don't push hardware any more? After that statement i literally can't take you serious any more. Not that any of your previous comments state a case for you to be taken seriously anyway.

I guess I missed the part where Wii U was a massive success. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Plz, NIntendo get the shortages fixed already. Even if you are selling them at a loss, it will be worth it

DialgaMarine said:
peachbuggy said:

Nintendo titles don't push hardware any more? After that statement i literally can't take you serious any more. Not that any of your previous comments state a case for you to be taken seriously anyway.

Even the failure of the wii u had system sellers. As for Switch, i don't think there's any doubt there's been 2 already!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Otter said:
I can see Nintendo owning the Summer. September will probably go to Playstation.

On September the Switch may have FE Warriors and Skyrim. Destiny 2 releases on September too... So that's going to PS4.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Otter said:
I can see Nintendo owning the Summer. September will probably go to Playstation.

On September the Switch may have FE Warriors and Skyrim. Destiny 2 releases on September too... So that's going to PS4.

We sure Destiny 2 will do well? Last year a LOT of sequels, even the good ones, got pulverized. COD, Watch_Dogs, and Titanfall...and Destiny had a similar top heavy pop. spike as the latter two's predecessor game. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
Slarvax said:

We sure Destiny 2 will do well? Last year a LOT of sequels, even the good ones, got pulverized. COD, Watch_Dogs, and Titanfall...and Destiny had a similar top heavy pop. spike as the latter two's predecessor game. 

When Destiny 2 started leaking, a lot of the reception was positive. We'll see if it suffers the same fate as Watchdogs and Titanfall, though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Expected, but the market seems really bad.

Switch needs to make up sales for 2-4 consoles being massively down yoy almost every month.

It was about 471k last year, but now it is ~416k without Switch. (12% down)

It is interesting to note that Wii U (32k last year) has nonexistent sales anymore and legacy consoles (12.5k +3.7k + > 5k) probably dropped quite a bit.

So 3DS being down only ~7k and PS4+XB1 is actually up >6k yoy after subtracting everything else.

DialgaMarine said:
peachbuggy said:

By the time they are done selling, 3DS & Wii U will have sold over 85 million units of hardware primarily on the strength of Nintendo IP.........but they clearly dont push hardware

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.