By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - USA Weekly, 15th April 2017

Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

Zelda isn't selling merely due to lack of options, it's selling because it's a breakout masterpiece. When Switch has ARMS, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Mario Kart, Minecraft, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, and more, Zelda will still be selling great.

We will see. But it's not like there's a lot of great games in that list. It's still only a handful of big games.

Let's be real, nothing Nintendo will ever be "great" in your opinion.

In terms of sales, games like Splatoon 2, Mario Kart, and Mario Odyssey will be huge, and many of the others will likely sell quite well also. And that's pretty much just the system's first 9 months; many more games will continue to release in 2018 and beyond, yet Zelda will still be an evergreen seller with long legs.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

Zelda isn't selling merely due to lack of options, it's selling because it's a breakout masterpiece. When Switch has ARMS, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Mario Kart, Minecraft, Sonic Forces, Sonic Mania, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, and more, Zelda will still be selling great.

We will see. But it's not like there's a lot of great games in that list. It's still only a handful of big games.

Actualy thets impresive number of great games if we talk about just 1st 9 monts of console on market, and you can bet that games like Zelda BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey will keep selling great even in 2-3 years.

Lawlight said:

Well, it wouldn't be number 1 if there were other big releases on the Switch. Since HZD released the PS4 has had:

MLB 17

Persona 5

Ghost Recon

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

Nier Automata

Lots of options.

Those are big releases?

Then why are they losing to a 7-week-old Zelda game?

the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:

Well, it wouldn't be number 1 if there were other big releases on the Switch. Since HZD released the PS4 has had:

MLB 17

Persona 5

Ghost Recon

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

Nier Automata

Lots of options.

Those are big releases?

Then why are they losing to a 7-week-old Zelda game?

Because there's a big release almost every week. The bigger the competition the less a game will sell.

Lawlight said:

Because there's a big release almost every week. The bigger the competition the less a game will sell.

Which big release this week caused the nearly 90% drop in Persona sales?

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

But where in his post did Shikamaru say that HZD WOULD outsell Zelda BoTW for you to even make that statement? YOU made the incorrect statement saying that sales for HZD were finished....he just corrected you....that's all.

When you have difficulty outselling 1-2 switch you are basically finished. I don't think it will even outsell that game except for a couple of weeks so the game is finished. 

1-2 Switch is at about a little over .40 million sold GLOBALLY HZD is at WELL over 3 million sold GLOBALLY.....so how do you not think that it will outsell 1-2 Switch? That doesn't even make sense lol. It has CONSISTENTLY outsold 1-2 Switch EVERY single week GLOBALLY since 1-2 Switch released. I don't know if you are just saying stuff to say it or you just look at what you want but to say you don't even think HZD will outsell 1-2 Switch is silly. I am not even sure if you are being serious to say something so off the wall lol.

So again....your post was FACTUALLY incorrect....it is not possible for you to say HZD is finished.....that is FACTUALLY incorrect. I don't get the point you are trying to make by saying it is finished when it clearly is not but I guess man....

Miyamotoo said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'd hardly call it finished. It's just finished at full price. It will recieve a nice boost to it's legs when they drop it to $40, and another nice boost when they drop it to $20, and another nice boost if they release a GOTY edition bundled with the planned singleplayer DLC. BoTW will stay at full price alot longer because Nintendo is basically the only publisher out there that can get away with staying at full price for many months. 

That will still not change anything, Zelda BotW will still keep selling much better in any case, it's basically must have game for system alongside MK8D.

But what does that have to do with what he said and what he respnded to lol?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Eagle367 said:

When you have difficulty outselling 1-2 switch you are basically finished. I don't think it will even outsell that game except for a couple of weeks so the game is finished. 

1-2 Switch is at about a little over .40 million sold GLOBALLY HZD is at WELL over 3 million sold GLOBALLY.....so how do you not think that it will outsell 1-2 Switch? That doesn't even make sense lol. It has CONSISTENTLY outsold 1-2 Switch EVERY single week GLOBALLY since 1-2 Switch released. I don't know if you are just saying stuff to say it or you just look at what you want but to say you don't even think HZD will outsell 1-2 Switch is silly. I am not even sure if you are being serious to say something so off the wall lol.

So again....your post was FACTUALLY incorrect....it is not possible for you to say HZD is finished.....that is FACTUALLY incorrect. I don't get the point you are trying to make by saying it is finished when it clearly is not but I guess man....

Miyamotoo said:

That will still not change anything, Zelda BotW will still keep selling much better in any case, it's basically must have game for system alongside MK8D.

I wass talking about weekly. Clearly you don't understand context as a thing and check the charts, 1-2 switch is selling more than HZD in USA in this weekly chart. Soon enough the worldwide charts will show the same just wait until we get the 15th global charts

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I wass talking about weekly. Clearly you don't understand context as a thing and check the charts, 1-2 switch is selling more than HZD in USA in this weekly chart. Soon enough the worldwide charts will show the same just wait until we get the 15th global charts

So you are saying that HZD is done weekly in the US? I mean because I never disputed that 1-2 switch was ahead in the US for the weekmof the  15th. And you are saying that you don't think HZD will outsell 1-2 switch weekly anymore gotca. So do you think 1-2 switch will surpass HZD is sales? Also so you want to wait on the week of 15 global charts? For what exactly?  Because you and i both know it will show HZD still what maybe 20k ahead  of 1-2 switch for that week as well. You can bet on that one easy....

Look man I don't get what you are trying to do or say here. HZD will continue to sell for a while to come albeit not as god as Zelda but it will selll well period meaning it is by no means finished in sales. Which is why I didn't get your original post and said it was factually incorrect about it being finished in sales. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23