By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 80+ Million Switches Need to be Sold in 5 Years or it's a Failure

RolStoppable said:

Ah yes, one of these old threads that were filled with hamster posts.

As for the topic itself, 80m turned out to be a low hurdle.

You were at least one that believed that 80 plus million would easily be achieved, many others were lowering the bar.  Well done.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

People like Quickrick, Lawlight & Potatohamster being gone has made this site so much more boring.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
RolStoppable said:

People like Quickrick, Lawlight & Potatohamster being gone has made this site so much more boring.

It's like the irrational drama has fallen off a cliff.

megaman79 said:

Bookmarking for crow in 5 years.

Crow!

Seems like interest in the Nintendo brand is still very high.
Gotta say these discussions on these old threads are really interesting. So many ignorant people.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
zorg1000 said:

It's like the irrational drama has fallen off a cliff.

Yep lol there is just something so entertaining about people talking out of their asses and making nonsense predictions based on their personal opinion of a company rather than any sort of data, on a website dedicated to data.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yep I do wonder what Quickrick would've said in response to the Switch taking off in 2020. While too much of it is bad a bit of ridiculousness can add a lot of entertainment value.

Norion said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep I do wonder what Quickrick would've said in response to the Switch taking off in 2020. While too much of it is bad a bit of ridiculousness can add a lot of entertainment value.

Clearly those sales don’t count because of the pandemic. People were forced to buy a video game console they didn’t want because everything was shut down.

zorg1000 said:
Norion said:

Clearly those sales don’t count because of the pandemic. People were forced to buy a video game console they didn’t want because everything was shut down.

Exactly. It's still only at about 50m so there's no way it's gonna reach the 3DS let alone the Wii at this point.

Norion said:
zorg1000 said:

I made a record of some of his greatest hits for my own amusement back in the old days. A few I noted down:

- Switch won't win any NPD in 2018
- Smash Ultimate will sell 8-10 million lifetime (Currently at 28.17m)
- Pokémon Let's Go will sell 6-8 million lifetime (Currently at 14.53m)

And of course, the Granddaddy of them all:
- Switch will fall of a cliff in 2018