By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch) 110K pre-orders in the West! (78k is US only)

Really good sales, I hope Switch can cash in on these types of Japanese games. I think Street Fighter 2 is gonna do well too.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
VGPolyglot said:

Comic books are really popular in France, which really helped the popularity of manga and I assume Japanese culture in general there.

Do they also read manga?

I mean, comic books are very popular in Belgium too, but I rarely see manga in stores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_outside_Japan#France

Just a general feeling too, I think JRPGs is a genre that can do quite well on Switch.

Much better game than something like 1,2 Switch, bomberman, shovel knight, blaster master ect.

Hopefully Nintendo guys continue to support it.

I'd consider getting it, but I've never played a Disgea game before, would I be completely lost in D5?

Around the Network

well what else are Switch owners supposed to buy?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
well what else are Switch owners supposed to buy?

2 threads in a row! Can you keep the streak going though?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Switch is going to have an interesting buyer base IMO. I think genres that haven't done that great on Nintendo platforms for a while like sports sims, JRPGs, shooters, and fighting games may find they have room to do solid numbers on the Switch.

This is not going to be just a party game console or a Pokemon + Mario system. 

Game is fantastic so I would hope Switch owners pick it up. Unfortunately Japanese Switch owners don't care at all for Strategy or Tactics games as seen with the sales of ROTK and Disgaea.

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
Game is fantastic so I would hope Switch owners pick it up. Unfortunately Japanese Switch owners don't care at all for Strategy or Tactics games as seen with the sales of ROTK and Disgaea.

Disgaea 5 bombed on Japan on the PS4 as well, Japan just isn't into it anymore

ROTK didn't though. Other JRPG's close to Disgaea 5 didn't so much either. So far Switch doesn't have that type of audience. But we already know PS4 has that type of audience. I really want Switch to have that type of audience so more and more of those games get made for Switch and PS4, and are more profitable.