By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

glimmer_of_hope said:
Yerm said:
because despite differing motives, at the end of the day the Left and the Right are both pro-censorship elitists that want to pretend that theyre gods. you have the Left which specifically speaks for the population of LGBT citizens who feel oppressed, or feel as though society is against them. they make up a small but noisy 1% of all people. then you have the far right which is a political manifestation of your granddad's "back in my day things were better" speech. they also make up a loud but small 1% of all people. theyve deteriorated to the point of just doing whatever they can to draw attention to themselves in hopes of the other 98% of the world agreeing with them, and they will do anything to gain more power and recognition.

I actually agree with you. Im neither Right nor Left. But the way I see it is it's become popular to censor on behalf of the Left....to the point where it is so obious. 

Nothing against you... but I REALLY hate the terms Left and Right. Using those terms assumes that supporting a part of the ideology makes you responsible for anything else they do, and is an insult to the rationality of the individual.

People will defer issue by issue. The less you assume about them, in advance, the better.

ABC doesn't do shit "on behalf" of the left. They did it because they personaly thought it to be a good moral (or, more likely, corporate) decision to make. Saying anything else only fuels the antagonisations of opposition in american politics.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, this cancellation was clearly politically motivated. Modern Family's ratings have dropped below Last Man Standing's and yet they renewed Modern Family for 2 more seasons. Such bullcrap. I hope some other Network or Netflix/Hulu/Amazon picks it up.

May is Renew/Cancel season and ratings are not always the most important factor. Budget plays a part as well. Tim Allen is likley not cheap. His increasing sallary plus the others on the show likely were choking the shows budget and was just no longer viable. My brother has worked at CBS since 1990 and seen many shows get the axe despite ratings were good sometimes just due to actors getting expensive. On Fox Star Trek the Next Generation had 1 more season under contract but the actors cost too much for the shows budget. Oh and not to mention Tim Allen is well known asshole and really hard to work with. Dick actors can lead to cancellation as well. Alf was cancelled after 4 seasons because one of the cast was such a ass no one wanted to work on the show anymore.

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, this cancellation was clearly politically motivated. Modern Family's ratings have dropped below Last Man Standing's and yet they renewed Modern Family for 2 more seasons. Such bullcrap. I hope some other Network or Netflix/Hulu/Amazon picks it up. The show has gotten alot of views on both Hulu and Netflix so*fingers crossed*

Modern Family's average demo for the season has been 2.12, and it's average viewship has been 6.913 million.

Last Man Standing's average demo for this season has been 1.15, and it's average viewership has been 6.407 million.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
"Shutting down Milo Yiannopoulos twitter account "

Ofcoure they shut down one fucking idiot that used twitter to harass and insult, the question is , do you support of others using twitter to flame and harass and make racist statements? If you do why you so upset by people saying your opinion in the thread is stupid? You seem to be for free speech when Millo insults , but you dont like it when leyton in the thread called your opinions stupid? The right might call you snowflake !!!

You seem to be unable to understand! 

Milo was a troll and worked people up to get money and fame, they shut him up because his followers sent racist and threatening tweets. 

Also MANY people tweet racist things and do not get shut down, so don't even start that lol

Leyton personally insulted me.....can you not tell the difference?

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

I just want to take a second and point out the OP got all upset over being insulted when they started the thread out by insulting countless individuals just for leaning left. If that doesn't prove how crazy and pointless this thread is then I don't know what could. To get to the point, the most likely reason ABC cancelled Last Man Standing was probably related to (wait for it) business. To further prove my point, Walt Disney Co (owns ABC) gave 2 million dollars (almost half of their 2016 contributions) to a super pac in support of Marco Rubio. To say they lean left as a company when half their donations went to a *single* right leaning candidate is ridiculous. 

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
Nem said:
Wow... that is definitly the most filled with shiat OP post i have ever seen in quite a while.

Is this what they teach one in church? Cause you're coming out looking bad.

When you throw me under the bus can you at least make an attempt to clarify what you are going on about? And what does church have to do with anything? 

A TV station is a company. It's not your deliverer of free speech. It's an organization with employees and directors. They have the authority to fire whoever they want aslong as they follow the rules of employment.

What you are defending is anarchy, not freedom of speech.

Nem said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

When you throw me under the bus can you at least make an attempt to clarify what you are going on about? And what does church have to do with anything? 

A TV station is a company. It's not your deliverer of free speech. It's an organization with employees and directors. They have the authority to fire whoever they want aslong as they follow the rules of employment.

How could you read what I wrote an assume the tv show was the source of freemdom of speech.....and not shutting down speeches at Berkeley ?

Should have been canceled after Kristin got fat and not funny after the first season. The show started getting dumb anyways, with the whole political plots that got thrown in. The only reason I kept watching was to fap to Mandy.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
glimmer_of_hope said:
monocle_layton said:

Yes. I'm sick and tired of threads which purposely label the left or right as demons. It's nothing more than a hypocritical attempt to label oneself as superior (or others as inferior) by portraying others as some sort of bogey-man

Thats life buddy! Anything else and you would be a mindless drone in a world of nothingness! And I am allowed to share my opinion! If you don't like it, then don't read or respond. But no you would rather shut down an entire thread because you don't like it? What a joke.

Your life must really suck if labeling other people as demons and your group as superior is normal to you. Sharing opinions is fine, painting everything black and white is not.

Zkuq said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Thats life buddy! Anything else and you would be a mindless drone in a world of nothingness! And I am allowed to share my opinion! If you don't like it, then don't read or respond. But no you would rather shut down an entire thread because you don't like it? What a joke.

Your life must really suck if labeling other people as demons and your group as superior is normal to you. Sharing opinions is fine, painting everything black and white is not.

My life is quite fine thanks! Where did you get "demons and superior" from? What I said what it's life for people to have different opinions and you need to deal with it! This is life, the real world! We all cannot be censored and live in sancutuary cities! Nice try in spinning in some other directiuon though lol