By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

glimmer_of_hope said:
NanakiXI said:
To much projecting of personal feelings and misinterpreting in this thread to be a viable discussion. If people either responding to the OP or the OP himself would just take a moment to actually understand and discuss with each other and not dismiss the other persons views completely. Then we could have a civil and constructive conversation and maybe even learn how to fix problems. Left, middle or right; regardless we are going to have to live with each other wether we like it or not.

I agree, but I can't sit idle when being attacked personally....I never will. The crazy thing is like i said before im neither left nor right. And to be clear it is easier for me to say left/right because i'm Canadian. We have Liberal/Conservative so it just easier instead of Lib/Con/Rep/Dem..... 

I completely understand, feeling like your under attack can stress you out. You just got to keep a cool leveled head about it and kill them with kindness and reason. VgChartz tends to lean left and that's just the environment of this forum. They are not necessarily right about everything, but so aren't you. If any of us had the answers (including myself), then we'd be fixing it. Until then all we can do is leave everything out on the table for discussion and find a way to live in this new age of technology and everyone's opinion who wishes to be heard. This is not all directed towards you btw but I don't feel like replying to everyone's response.

Funny thing is, I live in the farthest southeast neighborhood of Chicago as possible (some call it the armpit of Chicago). I would say my friends range anywhere from extreme left to the extreme right as far as political views go. I love the hell out of them all, even if I think half of them are batshit crazy lol.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

I agree, but I can't sit idle when being attacked personally....I never will. The crazy thing is like i said before im neither left nor right. And to be clear it is easier for me to say left/right because i'm Canadian. We have Liberal/Conservative so it just easier instead of Lib/Con/Rep/Dem..... 

It only takes a junior high level reading skill to see the biased leaking out of your statement.

"Why is the Left so against free speech?"

"Google censoring and demonitizing Right leaning views."

Calling out the Left for doing something the Right is doing, while at the same time using the word "demonitizing" trying to play the Right as the victim - despite the fact that again they are doing the same

It is clear reading the blaze/breitbart got you all angry. The question is - why did you come to a website you rarely use (500 post in 6 years), to create a thread (that you haven't done in 4 years), and proceed to avoid all valid points and only pick at the hostile ones.

First off you don't know me. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't ome here daily....which I do!

I don't read blaze/breitbart.........so.........

It's not about reading...it's about understanding! So because I say something about bias against the right......that make me right leaning? If I felt that Stephen Colbert got sacked for his Left leaning bias....I would blow a gasket too....or CNN. Im about eqality. 

It's amzing how the right can be bashed and no one says a thing. Or you show some support for the right and people call you out. Look how many anti Trump posts are on this site alone!

It's like when people say if you didn't vote for Hilary....you were auotmatically a Trump supporter. 

Do you think I can sit here and reply to evry single comment? I choose to reply to the ones I choose to reply. Most likely I reply to the ones that personally attack me....or pretend they know me

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

glimmer_of_hope said:
Bandorr said:

It only takes a junior high level reading skill to see the biased leaking out of your statement.

Calling out the Left for doing something the Right is doing, while at the same time using the word "demonitizing" trying to play the Right as the victim - despite the fact that again they are doing the same

It is clear reading the blaze/breitbart got you all angry. The question is - why did you come to a website you rarely use (500 post in 6 years), to create a thread (that you haven't done in 4 years), and proceed to avoid all valid points and only pick at the hostile ones.

First off you don't know me. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't ome here daily....which I do!

It's not about reading...it's about understanding! So because I say something about bias against the right......that make me right leaning? If I felt that Stephen Colbert got sacked for his Left leaning bias....I would blow a gasket too....or CNN. Im about eqality. 

It's amzing how the right can be bashed and no one says a thing. Or you show some support for the right and people call you out. Look how many anti Trump posts are on this site alone!

It's like when people say if you didn't vote for Hilary....you were auotmatically a Trump supporter. 

Hypocrisy, in itself, is not an argument and shouldn't be called upon as a such.

What I'd really like out of your post (outside of removing the categorization) is an explanation of why you consider censorship to be bad, in these contexts, or in all contexts, if that is your position. 

You can't expect a productive discussion without that. In it's current state, your post just does not arouse more than "this is bad", "this is good" or personal insults.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

You're really bashful aren't you? Let me ask you this. Is your opinion so great because your frequency of posting on an Internet forum for video games exceeds his? If it bothers you so much, shouldn't you just ignore it?

Also same could be said for your obviously "junior high level" response. Really didn't want to go there, but the whole kettle calling the pot black thing bothers me.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

You don't read blaze.. but you link to the blaze. You don't read blaze/breitbart -but they just BOTH happen to have articles about this recently? So it is just coincidence that you created a thread for the first time in 4 years.. that just happens to be echoing what BOTH of those are saying right now?

Your writing shows who you are. It is quite clear to anyone that reads your writing that you were demonizing one group, and playing the victim card for the other.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach?

And you will see it is light and dark. One is overflowing with bias, and one is trying to be rational.

The blaze fired someone for what they said. For or against? Republicans are up in arms over what colbert said on his LATE NIGHT show. For or against?

Trump sued twitter trying to unmask an account because of what they said. Literally him trying to stifle free speech. For or against?

That is just three examples recently.

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
Bandorr said:

You don't read blaze.. but you link to the blaze. You don't read blaze/breitbart -but they just BOTH happen to have articles about this recently? So it is just coincidence that you created a thread for the first time in 4 years.. that just happens to be echoing what BOTH of those are saying right now?

Your writing shows who you are. It is quite clear to anyone that reads your writing that you were demonizing one group, and playing the victim card for the other.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach?

And you will see it is light and dark. One is overflowing with bias, and one is trying to be rational.

The blaze fired someone for what they said. For or against? Republicans are up in arms over what colbert said on his LATE NIGHT show. For or against?

Trump sued twitter trying to unmask an account because of what they said. Literally him trying to stifle free speech. For or against?

That is just three examples recently.

I have no reason to lie. I just told you that I don't read anything from either one of those companies.

Compare ""Why is the Left so against free speech? " to  "Why have we seen several left-leaning groups show opposition to free speach? They mean the exact same thing! You think if i worded the other way people wouldn't draw their own conclusion? People would still say im bias towards the right, it doen't matter how it worded. You draw conclusions from nothing! So what are you rambling on about?

The latter does not generalize, making it more accurate and avoiding pointless conflict.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

glimmer_of_hope said:

Approximately 2 months after Tim Allen said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that Hollywood acts like "1930's Germany" for basically having conservative views the show was cancelled even after having strong ratings.

The guy is an idiot then, as 30s germany was not left leaning liberal at all, it was very right wing conservative.

Also you might want to check out hollywood and all strata in the 40s-50s with the maccarthyism witchhunts where people were blacklisted for having left leaning viewpoints

Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

Lol, I tried to tell him that quite a few times already...

My problem with this whole thing is that it was formulated as an accusation, assumed that these people actually considered opposing free speech a quality (not something that was sacrificed, or even a neutral), and implied that ths was an inherent trait of leftist politics. 

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

Bandorr said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Yeah I'm done. If you can't even tell the HUGE glaring difference between the two - you are either in denial, or actively playing this naive character.

Words matter. The order of the words matter. This is not a zero sum game. You can't add up all the letter and compare them. "they mean the same, so it comes across the same" is delusional.

Also notice how you avoided all my questions? Freedom of speech is suppose to be protection from the government and yet Donald Trump sued twitter literally trying to find out who was behind an account. He was literally trying to violate the Freedom of speech. Yet you avoid that.

Are you just here to pick a fight?

They are the same thing man! Just worded differently! One is beating around the bush, the other is getting to the point! It's not delusional, it's fact! You know damned well statement b) will be considered the same as statement a). 

Look at you.....you insinuate I read these magazines simply becasue I share an opinion! You jumped to conclusions.

Avoided your questions? There was no indication you actually wanted me to answer those questions, I thought you were making a point. Why the hell would I avoid your questions.....here.....

1) If an employee is againt their companies agenda in which they were hired. Agree

2) Rep seem to have something against Presidents and blow jobs.....we all know Dems especially Clinton have no problem with blow jobs. Agree

3) Trump can sue who ever he wants. That has nothing to do with free speech.....literally nothing! Neither agree nor disagree

I like how you say Republicans and LATE NIGHT.......in your last question lol. Clearly you are for Colberts joke? And you refer to them as Republicans, you consider yourself a Demorcat?

You also insinuate ALL REPUBLICANS are against Colberts LATE NIGHT (lol) joke.......hypocrite!

NanakiXI said:
LeeH said:
I just want to take a second and point out the OP got all upset over being insulted when they started the thread out by insulting countless individuals just for leaning left. If that doesn't prove how crazy and pointless this thread is then I don't know what could. To get to the point, the most likely reason ABC cancelled Last Man Standing was probably related to (wait for it) business. To further prove my point, Walt Disney Co (owns ABC) gave 2 million dollars (almost half of their 2016 contributions) to a super pac in support of Marco Rubio.

Just to point out to you, he never personally insulted anyone in this thread and I don't see any edits. I don't necessarily agree with him on thread topic, but he has been more civil than most replies in this thread. I lean left and right on many topics myself, but can also listen to anyone with a relevant and coherent debate.

On another note, I believe the theory that these actors are overpaid and cut into budget. Hopefully it's nothing political, because I watch tv to be entertained and not to be told what I should believe.

I'm falling to see why it matters if (s)he responded to someone directly saying "you suck". (S)he basically did that on a wide scale by insulting everyone that leaned left just for leaning left. This individual called them communist, called them intolerant, and said they were against free speech. I don't see that as being any more civil then the responses the OP got back.