By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1 (280k), Mario Kart: 550k

Ganoncrotch said:
Cubedramirez said:

Mark my words. It's going to be a flop. 

The Switch or the X1Scorpio?

He's either referring to Scorpio or he's drunk and regressed to October 2016.

I'd say flop is a strong term in relation to Scorpio, but it's certainly not going to light the world on fire or be a massive resurgence for Xbox.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The Switch or the X1Scorpio?

I'd say flop is a strong term in relation to Scorpio, but it's certainly not going to light the world on fire or be a massive resurgence for Xbox.

Who knows? With 6 teraflops of power if they were to go off and use a lead free solder again we could well see that happen!!

I'm not sure either, unless the Scorpio has some insanely good price point I can't see it breaking into new homes, or else E3 is going to have some huge reveal like Steam coming to Xbox 1 or something so you could make use of all your library from the PC on Scorpios power, that would make it a system people want. I think. As it stands if that comes out as a more expensive model of the X1 with some extra framerate and resolution I mean you're basically just appealing to the fans who've already bought into the X1 base model to buy that upgrade, you're not going to win back Switch or Ps4 gamers I think, could always be wrong though, only time will tell.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Barkley said:

Who knows? With 6 teraflops of power if they were to go off and use a lead free solder again we could well see that happen!!

I'm not sure either, unless the Scorpio has some insanely good price point I can't see it breaking into new homes, or else E3 is going to have some huge reveal like Steam coming to Xbox 1 or something so you could make use of all your library from the PC on Scorpios power, that would make it a system people want. I think. As it stands if that comes out as a more expensive model of the X1 with some extra framerate and resolution I mean you're basically just appealing to the fans who've already bought into the X1 base model to buy that upgrade, you're not going to win back Switch or Ps4 gamers I think, could always be wrong though, only time will tell.

Their windows store ia "trying" to compete with Steam, why would they do that? Pushing away money from their own stores

Preston Scott

Is Ethomaz not part of this site anymore? Im starting to feel bad for him, he makes up his facts when he presents actually facts like wtf?

The numbers from nintendo reguarding US day 1 for mk8 (459k) was sold thru or no?

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Their windows store ia "trying" to compete with Steam, why would they do that? Pushing away money from their own stores

It's trying and failed pretty much, The reason to do that would be the Microsoft way of dealing with their rivals in business of using “Embrace, Extend, Extinguish,” To bring them in as a huge deal to get gamers to flock to the system, to extend the windows store back around Steam on the platform and then to render steam redundant within the Xbox system and the PC if at all possible.

There has to be a point where things need to be changed up drastically to change the trend of what gamers want now, and what gamers do not want is the Xbox and Games for Windows Live 2.0 so I expect big moves at E3 from MS.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
tbone51 said:
Is Ethomaz not part of this site anymore? Im starting to feel bad for him, he makes up his facts when he presents actually facts like wtf?

The numbers from nintendo reguarding US day 1 for mk8 (459k) was sold thru or no?

Why are you bringing EThomaz up?

He gonna blow up another npd thread on gaf again. And then i thought i havent seen him post here for awhile

I am tagging and bagging!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DonFlamenco said:

80-90% of current switch owners will buy MK8 whereas only roughly 3% of PS4 owners will by Persona 5.

Sony has great exclusive games but they usually have an attach rate of less than 5-10%.

In fact, not a single PS4 exclusive to date has an attach rate of more than 15%.

Hell, only 4 out of every 100 PS4 owners bought HZD! (2.61m sales to 60 million consoles is only a 4% attach rate)

People that say PS4 has sold so well because of it's exclusives make me laugh.

It sells so well because it's got the best versions of all multi platform games... Until this fall anyway.

Are't you the same guy that expects the Switch to outsell the PS4 2:1 for the next 2-3 years......by selling AT LEAST 30 million each year......seeing as that is what it would have to do in order to outsell it 2:1.......yeah I don't know about your credibility buddy lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

So the media release is officially confirmed to be next week?? Boutros had it down to the time it was to be released. Did they change it? Or was this just a mistake?

So what comes out next month (i mean may), disgaea 5 might break top 10 :o