By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Thread: Tekken 7 [Fated Retribution] Geese is on the way!

Not a fighting game guy, but getting it day one. Hell, the fighting game urge is strong enough I ordered GG Rev 2 as well.

Around the Network
Wright said:

No Lei? No Lei?? Why the fuck not?

Because he was not used in TTT2 very much.  He was a bottom of the list character.  You had to invest as much time into him as Yoshimitsu to get good with him.  Yoshi and Lei are very similar, however, Yoshimitsu still has a sword.

The Fury said:
Wright said:

I think many are still wondering, been a stable since T2 after all. I mean who gives a crap about Lars really? No one, that's who.

They'll make him paid DLC screwing people over.

The Tekken series will not, nor has it ever charged money for classic characters.  You will not ever have to pay for Lei, Jinpachi, Jun, or anyone else of that sort.  If Lei comes to Tekken 7, he will be free.

Burning Typhoon said:
Wright said:

Because he was not used in TTT2 very much.  He was a bottom of the list character.  You had to invest as much time into him as Yoshimitsu to get good with him.  Yoshi and Lei are very similar, however, Yoshimitsu still has a sword.

But that's the point of Lei, ever since he debutted. He's a high risk/high reward character, and he a freaking franchise veteran at this point. There's absolutely no reason to remove him whatsoever, especially since his style is fairly unique.

TheBlackNaruto said:
So I will need you good people who have a PS4 to give me your PSN names so we can get down on Tekken 7 together. I love good comp! My mains are Paul, Bryan,Dargunov, Law and Steve. But I am also very good with Baek(hopefully they add him in), Miguel, Asuka and Lili. And I decent with Nina, Heihachi and Jin.....Hope to see you all online!

I was planning to do something like this after release.

Kerotan said:
I wonder will this sell better then SFV?

Yes

JRPGfan said:
VGPolyglot said:
You know what, I was very excited for Tekken 7 at one point. But the long wait just made me lose all of my interest.

Im abit worried about it actually.

Injustice 2 seems to be doing really well, and it looks amasing, and the customisation of the heroes aspect.... it just looks really good for a fighter.

Injustice 2 is actually rather stiff.  It looks good graphically, but the animations are clunky, and don't string together properly.  I don't understand how waiting for something could make you lose intrest.  What if it was announced 2 years later?  You would have still had to wait the same amount of time.

Pinkie_pie said:
Kerotan said:
I wonder will this sell better then SFV?

Maybe but street fighter 5 is awesome now. One of the best fighting games on the ps4

Street Fighter V isn't as free as Street Fighter IV.  You can't really make a character your own.  Not to mention, as modest as the specs are for the PC version, the PS4 version doesn't look good in comparison.  Tekken 7 isn't going to have any of the issues Street Fighter V did.

Burning Typhoon said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
So I will need you good people who have a PS4 to give me your PSN names so we can get down on Tekken 7 together. I love good comp! My mains are Paul, Bryan,Dargunov, Law and Steve. But I am also very good with Baek(hopefully they add him in), Miguel, Asuka and Lili. And I decent with Nina, Heihachi and Jin.....Hope to see you all online!

I was planning to do something like this after release.

Yeah it would be pretty cool to play with a few of you online with Tekken. I was on Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 5 and 6 NON STOP.....Never really made it SUPER high in ranked I think my highest on Tekken Tag 2 was like Pugilist and Vanqisher with my Paul/Bryan team.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:The Tekken series will not, nor has it ever charged money for classic characters.  You will not ever have to pay for Lei, Jinpachi, Jun, or anyone else of that sort.  If Lei comes to Tekken 7, he will be free.

With previous Tekkens, yes, but as we already know, they have said that there will be paid DLC in this one when previously all added characters in Tag 2 were just updated into the game. No DLC for T6. It could be a worry for those that have played him since release.

Wright said:

But that's the point of Lei, ever since he debutted. He's a high risk/high reward character, and he a freaking franchise veteran at this point. There's absolutely no reason to remove him whatsoever, especially since his style is fairly unique.

Plus the game has 7 new characters and 2 similar characters 'new' to the game. I think people wouldn't have minded 6 new ones and Lei honestly. Plus we have Bruce Lee, we need Jackie Chan.

TheBlackNaruto said:

Yeah it would be pretty cool to play with a few of you online with Tekken. I was on Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 5 and 6 NON STOP.....Never really made it SUPER high in ranked I think my highest on Tekken Tag 2 was like Pugilist and Vanqisher with my Paul/Bryan team.

I'm not sure how in depth the online is but if there is a potential to do like a 'clan' where we can just go in a VGChartz room and play anyone that's there, that would be great. I hated Tag 2 online, too many spammers, T6 was good, had a 85% win ratio with Lee (F you Lars), so it would be nice to play some people.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

TheBlackNaruto said:

I'm not sure how in depth the online is but if there is a potential to do like a 'clan' where we can just go in a VGChartz room and play anyone that's there, that would be great. I hated Tag 2 online, too many spammers, T6 was good, had a 85% win ratio with Lee (F you Lars), so it would be nice to play some people.

I am sure it will be similar to TTT2 in that you can create a room and even make it private and only invite friends. Or have it open name it VGchartz and just kick the people you don't want there lol. And see spammers never really botherd me in TTT2. Once I saw that's all someone did I demolished them because it was easy to read what they were going to do and when lol.

For anyone who wants to see here are all the rage arts for Every current T7 Characters.

TheBlackNaruto said:
The Fury said:

I am sure it will be similar to TTT2 in that you can create a room and even make it private and only invite friends. Or have it open name it VGchartz and just kick the people you don't want there lol. And see spammers never really botherd me in TTT2. Once I saw that's all someone did I demolished them because it was easy to read what they were going to do and when lol.

Exactly.  I think if you're failing to foil someone who's doing the same thing, you need to re-examine why you play fighting games, or perhaps it's not spam, rather, you're getting punished by the same attacks for leaving yourself open, whiffing, or just being unsafe.  Can't call someone a spammer if you're letting them do launch punishers on you all the time.

TheBlackNaruto said:

For anyone who wants to see here are all the rage arts for Every current T7 Characters.

Fixed the embed.

Signature goes here!