By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 475 69.24%

No 81 11.81%

Total:556
SKMBlake said:
PAOerfulone said:

And I especially disagree with the point that there's less of a reason to buy a PS4 than before.
It has garnered an incredible library, with plenty still to come. 

I may be the only one who thinks that, but I still can't name more than 5 games that I would actualy play on the PS4 today. If I had to buy a PS4, I would only play to Uncharted 4 (and why not, Lost Legacy), Horizon Zero Dawn and Batman Arkham Knight. I'll wait until the release of God Of War (4?), Red Dead Redemption and Battlefront II and then the console will worth the purchase. That's where I agree with most of you saying 2018 will be the best year for the PS4.

No love for any of these:

Bloodborne
Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Digimon World: Next Order
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Infamous First Light + Second Son
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter
The Last Guardian
The Talos Principle
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Gravity Rush 1 remastered
Gravity Rush 2
Gran Turismo Sport
Until Dawn
Persona 5
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 1
Yakuza 2
Yakuza 6  (possibly 3,4,5 too in future, so you can play them all one place)
Yakuza Ishin
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
World of Final Fantasy
Omega Quintet
Secret of Mana Remake
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness
Street Fighter 5
Summon Night 6
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (1st game)
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (2nd game)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (3rd game)
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Zestiria
Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Valkyria Chronicles
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
MLB The Show 17
Ratchet & Clank
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Spider-Man
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Wipeout Omega Collection
LocoRoco Remastered
Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
Everybody's Golf

^ some of these can be played on PS3 or PC as well though.

However I think there should be more than 5 good games, you cant find else where on this list.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Bloodborne - Boring
Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload - No
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - No
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Never liked Digimon
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory - Same answer
Digimon World: Next Order - same answer
Dragon Quest XI - same answer
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Don't like FF
Infamous First Light + Second Son - I was hyped by inFamous, played inFamous 2, didn't like it
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX - Don't like KH
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter - Dont' like KH
The Last Guardian - The game seems to be disapointing so no
The Talos Principle - No
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Hellno
Gravity Rush 1 remastered - Not a fan
Gravity Rush 2 - same answer
Gran Turismo Sport - Why not
Until Dawn - No
Persona 5 - No
Yakuza 0 - No
Yakuza 1 - No
Yakuza 2 - No 
Yakuza 6  (possibly 3,4,5 too in future, so you can play them all one place) - No
Yakuza Ishin - No
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - No
World of Final Fantasy - same answer 
Omega Quintet - No
Secret of Mana Remake - Not a fan
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - No
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness - No
Street Fighter 5 - Why not
Summon Night 6 - no
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (1st game) - no
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (2nd game) - no
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (3rd game) - no
Tales of Berseria - no
Tales of Zestiria - no
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - no
Valkyria Chronicles - no
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - no
MLB The Show 17 - no
Ratchet & Clank - Not a fan but why not
Shadow of the Colossus Remake - no
Spider-Man - Why not, Spider-man has always been my favourite super-hero
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Already played all games
Wipeout Omega Collection - Why not
LocoRoco Remastered - no
Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy - Why not
Everybody's Golf - No

However I think there should be more than 5 good games, you cant find else where on this list.

And it's not about finding at least 5 good games, it's about buying a console for those games

Given the current YTD sales greater than 20% lead, and that even NS strongest weeks usually affect its sales by quite less than 20%, while in normal weeks it easily outsells it, and that even after NS launch weekly sales were very often up YoY, it will most probably match 2016 sales and very likely outsell them (NS doesn't directly compete with PS4, but when in stock and easily available it competes for an overlapping group of impulse buyers that decide at the last minute which console to buy).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

What a beast. This year it will finally get to 20million I believe. It's just destroying the XBox One in every single way

SKMBlake said:
JRPGfan said:

Bloodborne - Boring
Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload - No
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - No
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Never liked Digimon
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory - Same answer
Digimon World: Next Order - same answer
Dragon Quest XI - same answer
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Don't like FF
Infamous First Light + Second Son - I was hyped by inFamous, played inFamous 2, didn't like it
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX - Don't like KH
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter - Dont' like KH
The Last Guardian - The game seems to be disapointing so no
The Talos Principle - No
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Hellno
Gravity Rush 1 remastered - Not a fan
Gravity Rush 2 - same answer
Gran Turismo Sport - Why not
Until Dawn - No
Persona 5 - No
Yakuza 0 - No
Yakuza 1 - No
Yakuza 2 - No 
Yakuza 6  (possibly 3,4,5 too in future, so you can play them all one place) - No
Yakuza Ishin - No
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - No
World of Final Fantasy - same answer 
Omega Quintet - No
Secret of Mana Remake - Not a fan
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - No
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness - No
Street Fighter 5 - Why not
Summon Night 6 - no
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (1st game) - no
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment (2nd game) - no
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (3rd game) - no
Tales of Berseria - no
Tales of Zestiria - no
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - no
Valkyria Chronicles - no
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - no
MLB The Show 17 - no
Ratchet & Clank - Not a fan but why not
Shadow of the Colossus Remake - no
Spider-Man - Why not, Spider-man has always been my favourite super-hero
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Already played all games
Wipeout Omega Collection - Why not
LocoRoco Remastered - no
Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy - Why not
Everybody's Golf - No

And it's not about finding at least 5 good games, it's about buying a console for those games

Consoles average 10 games bought per user... so if you have 5 games that makes you buy a console you are already good.

So Switch already have 5 games that makes you buy it and PS4 haven't managed that yet?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Consoles average 10 games bought per user... so if you have 5 games that makes you buy a console you are already good.

So Switch already have 5 games that makes you buy it and PS4 haven't managed that yet?

Suprisingly, yes.

Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim made me bought a Switch. And then I discovered Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Arms, NBA 2K18 on the go, One Piece Ultimate World Red and Sonic Mania.

And I think you can only play Sonic Mania on the go and not on your 55" 4K tv.

Your loss then. 

Speaking as an owner of both, Persona 5 blows every single one of those games, with the exceptions of Breath of the Wild, (SMO is to be determined) out of the water.

Ps4 is a beast only being hold down by sony.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

SKMBlake said:
DonFerrari said:

Suprisingly, yes.

Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim made me bought a Switch. And then I discovered Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Arms, NBA 2K18 on the go, One Piece Ultimate World Red and Sonic Mania.

Yes, very surprising... Odyssey haven't release when you bought, Skyrim is available in basically on anything, MK8 is basically a port from WiiU...

And if you are going to put all those level of SW and say PS4 doesn't have more than 5 appealing SW then you should lie better.

But since you were such a great sony fan as you said and loved your PS3, but curiously couldn't even bother getting a PS4, please share your PSN ID with us.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SKMBlake said:
DonFerrari said:

Suprisingly, yes.

I'm known for being pretty critical of Sony's first party(at least .. I think I am?) and even I call bullshit.

The Last Guardian, Rayman Legends(the REAL defenitive edition), Alien Isolation, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nioh, Crash N. Sane, Dark Souls 3, Hob, Bloodborne, and many many other games

I limited myself to games that I could personally vouch for though, a lot of the third party games don't appeal to me. But I don't go around claiming that the PS4 doesn't even have 5 good games ... I mean jesus. 

You're inflating the Switch list too. Skyrim, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2? These are signs of Switch's greatness? Look .. if you like Skyrim and want it on the go, then great. I agree it's a good inclusion for th Switch library. But an argument for how it's better than the PS4's library?

The biggest accolade I could give the Switch is that it has an AMAZING first year. That can't be understated enough. What made my PS4 collect dust was a lack of content for 3 years. Switch already has that covered. So I can give props to Switch for *starting* what looks to be one of the best libraries this gen. 

But better than PS4? In it's first year? That was never going to realistically happen. I might even say Odyssey is better than any game on PS4 when it comes out, doesn't mean the Switch has a better library.

As it stands there's 3 major game releases on Switch that make the console worth it, and one game is already on Wii U, and another isn't even out yet. That's assuming you can get past the annoyance Rabbids might give you ..