By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 475 69.24%

No 81 11.81%

Total:556
DonFerrari said:
SKMBlake said:

Suprisingly, yes.

Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim made me bought a Switch. And then I discovered Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Arms, NBA 2K18 on the go, One Piece Ultimate World Red and Sonic Mania.

And I think you can only play Sonic Mania on the go and not on your 55" 4K tv.

Yes, very surprising... Odyssey haven't release when you bought, Skyrim is available in basically on anything, MK8 is basically a port from WiiU...

And if you are going to put all those level of SW and say PS4 doesn't have more than 5 appealing SW then you should lie better.

But since you were such a great sony fan as you said and loved your PS3, but curiously couldn't even bother getting a PS4, please share your PSN ID with us.

I had the money for it back then. It's mostly Odyssey which made me bought the console, I knew SMO would be the greatest game ever (a title it is about to get soon) but I want a PS4 since its release, but couldn't afford one. 

I'll wait until next year and I'll get one, with God Of War.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
SKMBlake said:

Suprisingly, yes.

Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Skyrim made me bought a Switch. And then I discovered Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Arms, NBA 2K18 on the go, One Piece Ultimate World Red and Sonic Mania.

And I think you can only play Sonic Mania on the go and not on your 55" 4K tv.

I'm known for being pretty critical of Sony's first party(at least .. I think I am?) and even I call bullshit.

The Last Guardian, Rayman Legends(the REAL defenitive edition), Alien Isolation, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nioh, Crash N. Sane, Dark Souls 3, Hob, Bloodborne, and many many other games

I limited myself to games that I could personally vouch for though, a lot of the third party games don't appeal to me. But I don't go around claiming that the PS4 doesn't even have 5 good games ... I mean jesus. 

You're inflating the Switch list too. Skyrim, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2? These are signs of Switch's greatness? Look .. if you like Skyrim and want it on the go, then great. I agree it's a good inclusion for th Switch library. But an argument for how it's better than the PS4's library?

The biggest accolade I could give the Switch is that it has an AMAZING first year. That can't be understated enough. What made my PS4 collect dust was a lack of content for 3 years. Switch already has that covered. So I can give props to Switch for *starting* what looks to be one of the best libraries this gen. 

But better than PS4? In it's first year? That was never going to realistically happen. I might even say Odyssey is better than any game on PS4 when it comes out, doesn't mean the Switch has a better library.

As it stands there's 3 major game releases on Switch that make the console worth it, and one game is already on Wii U, and another isn't even out yet. That's assuming you can get past the annoyance Rabbids might give you ..

I don't say the Switch has a better library, I just said why I bought the console. There is plenty of game I would play if I had a PS4, but I don't, and unlike the Switch and SMO, the PS4 hasn't got THE game that would make me wanna buy the console immediately yet.

I wait for GTA VI, like I waited GTA V for the PS3. I mostly play on PC though.

SKMBlake said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, very surprising... Odyssey haven't release when you bought, Skyrim is available in basically on anything, MK8 is basically a port from WiiU...

And if you are going to put all those level of SW and say PS4 doesn't have more than 5 appealing SW then you should lie better.

But since you were such a great sony fan as you said and loved your PS3, but curiously couldn't even bother getting a PS4, please share your PSN ID with us.

I had the money for it back then. It's mostly Odyssey which made me bought the console, I knew SMO would be the greatest game ever (a title it is about to get soon) but I want a PS4 since its release, but couldn't afford one. 

You want to tell me you have the money to buy Switch but didn't for PS4 when you can get it for cheaper than Switch?

And the question isn't if you didn't have money to buy PS4, that is fair, or even if you weren't excited by it.

The questioning is you swearing you are a Sony fanboy, says PS4 doesn't have even 5 great games to play and then list as great games for Switch games that are already old news on PS4.

Again, please give us your PSN ID.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
SKMBlake said:

You want to tell me you have the money to buy Switch but didn't for PS4 when you can get it for cheaper than Switch?

And the question isn't if you didn't have money to buy PS4, that is fair, or even if you weren't excited by it.

The questioning is you swearing you are a Sony fanboy, says PS4 doesn't have even 5 great games to play and then list as great games for Switch games that are already old news on PS4.

I was about to buy a PS4 Slim with Horizon and Mafia III but my bank refused the purchase, dunno why. Then somewhere else I tried to buy a Switch and it worked. That's when I decided to go with the Switch until next year. And I'm not disappointed yet.

I don't know what my PSN ID has to do with the topic.

SKMBlake said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm known for being pretty critical of Sony's first party(at least .. I think I am?) and even I call bullshit.

The Last Guardian, Rayman Legends(the REAL defenitive edition), Alien Isolation, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nioh, Crash N. Sane, Dark Souls 3, Hob, Bloodborne, and many many other games

I limited myself to games that I could personally vouch for though, a lot of the third party games don't appeal to me. But I don't go around claiming that the PS4 doesn't even have 5 good games ... I mean jesus. 

You're inflating the Switch list too. Skyrim, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2? These are signs of Switch's greatness? Look .. if you like Skyrim and want it on the go, then great. I agree it's a good inclusion for th Switch library. But an argument for how it's better than the PS4's library?

The biggest accolade I could give the Switch is that it has an AMAZING first year. That can't be understated enough. What made my PS4 collect dust was a lack of content for 3 years. Switch already has that covered. So I can give props to Switch for *starting* what looks to be one of the best libraries this gen. 

But better than PS4? In it's first year? That was never going to realistically happen. I might even say Odyssey is better than any game on PS4 when it comes out, doesn't mean the Switch has a better library.

As it stands there's 3 major game releases on Switch that make the console worth it, and one game is already on Wii U, and another isn't even out yet. That's assuming you can get past the annoyance Rabbids might give you ..

I don't say the Switch has a better library, I just said why I bought the console. There is plenty of game I would play if I had a PS4, but I don't, and unlike the Switch and SMO, the PS4 hasn't got THE game that would make me wanna buy the console immediately yet.

I wait for GTA VI, like I waited GTA V for the PS3. I mostly play on PC though.

Thats what you imply when you say that Switch has 5 games to make you buy it and ps4 doesnt... 

Regardless that is semantics, since i was still arguing your main point that there arent 5 games that make the ps4 a worthy purchase

However, i fear I might have jumped the gun a bit. It makes a lot more sense knowing you mainly game on PC. Plus its mostly just down to personal preference. Now that I game on PC I do find the PS4 a tad redundant. Still amazing exclusives though. 

So..apologies? I guess. Never meant to be aggressive but knowing the full scope i think i see where you are coming from.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
DonFerrari said:

I was about to buy a PS4 Slim with Horizon and Mafia III but my bank refused the purchase, dunno why. Then somewhere else I tried to buy a Switch and it worked. That's when I decided to go with the Switch until next year. And I'm not disappointed yet.

Because someone that calls himself a sony fanboy probably have a lot of games collected on his ID.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
SKMBlake said:

Because someone that calls himself a sony fanboy probably have a lot of games collected on his ID.

Your key word is "probably". And I have several PSN ID so giving only one would be irrevelant.

I'm done.

SKMBlake said:
DonFerrari said:

Your key word is "probably". And I have several PSN ID so giving only one would be irrevelant.

I'm done.

Ok, by.

September 2nd numbers added.

Destiny 2 Hardware numbers have been added.