By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 pass the 3DS in total sales this year?

Will it?

Yes 158 77.07%

No 47 22.93%

Total:205

What is with this generation of kids comparing handhelds and home consoles? You guys are aware that back in like 1998-2005 no one ever did that? Even the front page of this website separates them. It's so pointless imo because they're different products with totally different price points, aimed at completely different demographics. It would be like comparing motorcycle sales and automobile sales. The car industry doesn't do that for a reason.

Around the Network

I think this is the year ps4 becomes the #1 console from the 8th generation. When Sony and Playstation are officially back on top!

The only way it doesn't is when pokemon stars is an exclusive bundled with the 2DSXL for €150-. And PS4 only sells 15 million units this year. The latter I can see happening, considering PS4 is down yoy even though it had plentry of big releases. But the first prediction seems very unlikely.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

100% happening. 

Of course it will! Not sure if it would up YOY but it will be definetly be around that number.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:

Everyone says it will, but already we have 35-50% votes it won't. Seems like Nintendo defense is really strong here as they failed to post comment why it wont.

You must be new to Vgchartz.......... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I think so, but who knows, maybe there'll be a huge meteorite that wipes out all of humanity, leaving the 3DS permanently ahead!

And the fact that switch is replacing the 3ds.

End of both companies fiscal years :

Ps4 78 million
3ds 72 million

AlfredoTurkey said:
What is with this generation of kids comparing handhelds and home consoles?

Don't worry, we'll be comparing it to the Wii soon enough.

This year 3DS.

Next year PS3/360.

Then it's the Wii's turn.