By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware (04/01/17)

I expect Switch will start to slow down in the coming weeks to about 150k before MK8D.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
I expect Switch will start to slow down in the coming weeks to about 150k before MK8D.

If Japan is any indication, that ain't happening

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

For a console that just launched, the margin is not that high. I thought the gap between ps4 and the switch would be greater

tak13 said:
eddy7eddy said:

I've been following that for some weeks now, but i hope you're right with the 3DS stocks being fixed :)

Are you from the USA?

Well, I saw recently 2DS that MK7 2DS and Black New 3ds xl have no longer the prompt ''check in stores''....In best buy and Gamestop.

Amazon still has only one New 3ds xl from third parties, Pikachu new 3ds xl edition which is sold out since early March and was release in the end of february.

I haven't checked target and Walmart!

Yes, it seems that Walmart only sells from third parties, Best Buy and Target have the Galaxy-Style!. On Target some are temporarily out of stock. 

I better buy a Nintendo Switc... ooh....

Bristow9091 said:
StarDoor said:

How can it be catching up if it's selling fewer units?

Isn't that how catching up works? If it sold more units than the Switch it would have overtaken it o.O

If I'm Sony I'm smiling. Doing this well against a system that just launched 

Around the Network
eddy7eddy said:
tak13 said:

Are you from the USA?

Well, I saw recently 2DS that MK7 2DS and Black New 3ds xl have no longer the prompt ''check in stores''....In best buy and Gamestop.

Amazon still has only one New 3ds xl from third parties, Pikachu new 3ds xl edition which is sold out since early March and was release in the end of february.

I haven't checked target and Walmart!

Yes, it seems that Walmart only sells from third parties, Best Buy and Target have the Galaxy-Style!. On Target some are temporarily out of stock. 

I better buy a Nintendo Switc... ooh....

Yeah, I forgot that thing lol...

Patience...

Nintendo is an state with two products ( it would be three if they hadn't discontinued NES CLASSIC MINI ) with way higher demand than expected.

Nintendo  originally expected five million ( later revised to  6m and again to 7m ) 3DS units to be sold for the past fiscal year they ended up selling 7.3m, 3DS sold out in December in the west with Switch  launching in March, which exceeded Nintendo forecast by 800k...

You imagine that Nintendo production is at its limits!

OOH, neck and neck now, this is gonna be interesting.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

wilreteno said:
For a console that just launched, the margin is not that high. I thought the gap between ps4 and the switch would be greater

cant sell what isnt available

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
wilreteno said:

cant sell what isnt available

Nintendo always does this with their stock. That excuse is getting old. Either way Sony is still doing great with all the new system Switch buzz. Stevie Wondet can see that lol

Awesome for Switch! I want to know the numbers for MK8D's release a once! Keep up!!