By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Knack 2 end up being...Good?

TallSilhouette said:
I have yet to play 1, but the trailer they showed for 2 looked like a perfectly solid action/puzzle/platforming game. Dunno why the first game is such a meme or its sequel unthinkable.

Well there wasn't much else out at PS4 launch beside Knack and a few other games.  That is why it was talked about to death.  If it released a few months into PS4 release or a year later no one would have really talked about it.

Around the Network

The first game was actually good... I don't know why people (and by "people" I mean game "journalists" and fanboys of hardware for which Knack wasn't released for) hated it so much?

VariantFSS said:
The first game was actually good... I don't know why people (and by "people" I mean game "journalists" and fanboys of hardware for which Knack wasn't released for) hated it so much?

It was ok, but had pacing and balancing problems, some technical issues and a long section in the latter half that was just boring.

It's facinating really that Sony would double down on this title. They must have been given a very promising pitch for the sequel to greenlight it. (Also it doesn't hurt that it's Cerny involved.) Perhaps being a launch title there were many compromises made, and a longer development with more experience behind them, could turn this into a more polished, complete experience.

doubt that but we can only dream so wait & see

Original one is absolute shit. So was the first Street Fighter. Assassin's Creed 1 was pretty awful but II remains the best in the series. Red Steel on Wii was crap but Red Steel 2 was awesome.So yeah there is a chance.

Around the Network

It will be the best game on PS4 by a long shot.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Sure it could. It looks as if it's coming together well enough.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Flilix said:
I predict a metascore of at least 99.

Not if Jim Sterling has to say anything about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I absolutely loved the first one (it wasn't perfect but it was awesome) so there is no doubt in my mind that the sequel will be great.

SegataSanshiro said:
Original one is absolute shit. So was the first Street Fighter. Assassin's Creed 1 was pretty awful but II remains the best in the series. Red Steel on Wii was crap but Red Steel 2 was awesome.So yeah there is a chance.

Thank you for the input Captain Exaggerate

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’