Dragon Ball (Z) 60 35.29%

One Piece 47 27.65%

Bleach 16 9.41%

i love all four !!! 14 8.24%

Its really hard to say. 4 2.35%

see results 6 3.53%

Total:170
KLAMarine said:

Hmm, that video certainly changes my perspective on some things. Still, I can't help but feel disgust at Rukia getting together with Renji in the final chapters. Not that I'm one of those Rukia-Ichigo shippers or anything (I like to think of Rukia as someone married to her profession, not interested at all in baby-making), it's just that I remember Renji being a scumbag who actively worked to sell Rukia down the river early on in the manga. If this video is accurate, Kubo had such an ending planned from the very beginning. Screw that shit.

I had to read this several times, and I still don't really understand it. Renji was harsh in his first appearance, but it was made pretty clear he was torn up about what to do when her sentence was issued, so it's obvious he wasn't acting out of malice. That...and the events right before he left had his friends teasing him about showing off his promotion to her..so obviously they knew he wasn't out to get her. He's been an ally ever since, so I'd sure hope he's done enough to reform for being a dick in his first appearance.

I agree that the shipping was garbage though. I even preferred Orihime, but the way it was implemented was just awful.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
KLAMarine said:

Hmm, that video certainly changes my perspective on some things. Still, I can't help but feel disgust at Rukia getting together with Renji in the final chapters. Not that I'm one of those Rukia-Ichigo shippers or anything (I like to think of Rukia as someone married to her profession, not interested at all in baby-making), it's just that I remember Renji being a scumbag who actively worked to sell Rukia down the river early on in the manga. If this video is accurate, Kubo had such an ending planned from the very beginning. Screw that shit.

I had to read this several times, and I still don't really understand it. Renji was harsh in his first appearance, but it was made pretty clear he was torn up about what to do when her sentence was issued, so it's obvious he wasn't acting out of malice. That...and the events right before he left had his friends teasing him about showing off his promotion to her..so obviously they knew he wasn't out to get her. He's been an ally ever since, so I'd sure hope he's done enough to reform for being a dick in his first appearance.

I agree that the shipping was garbage though. I even preferred Orihime, but the way it was implemented was just awful.

I must admit it's been a very long time but I recall Renji not only actively retrieving Rukia from Earth but also fighting against Ichigo and Ichigo's attempts to rescue Rukia. Renji grew up with Rukia and the two seemed almost like siblings and yet this didn't seem to matter much to Renji as Rukia was being prepped for incineration by a fiery phoenix.

"You tryin' ta rescue Rukia!? Fuck you Ichigo! Can't you see it's hopeless!? You'll only meet resistance! Resistance like this blade of mine!"

-Renji

As far as I'm concerned, Bleach ended after the Hueco Mundo arc.

KLAMarine said:

I must admit it's been a very long time but I recall Renji not only actively retrieving Rukia from Earth but also fighting against Ichigo and Ichigo's attempts to rescue Rukia. Renji grew up with Rukia and the two seemed almost like siblings and yet this didn't seem to matter much to Renji as Rukia was being prepped for incineration by a fiery phoenix.

"You tryin' ta rescue Rukia!? Fuck you Ichigo! Can't you see it's hopeless!? You'll only meet resistance! Resistance like this blade of mine!"

-Renji

He was retrieving Rukia because he received orders to do so, same with her older brother, and his actions against Ichigo were because he was a criminal at the time.  He was definitely fatalistic about her sentence at first, but that's not the same as actively trying to kill her, and also not uncommon in these type of manga/anime (the hero has to be the one to change everyone's heart :P) At the very least, their fight made it clear his heart was torn about it, and once he'd made up his mind, he was right there with Ichigo ready to save her.

Honestly, if the guy has to be held accountable for that for the entire story, then most of the cast is pretty much doomed. Heck, her own adopted brother fought tooth and nail to have her executed just to uphold his own honor...and he became one of the main heroes of the story.

I think if you want that permanent accountability, you should try out Fairy Tail. Former villains are still being punished for actions they committed 400+ chapters ago. Personally it just makes me cringe to be constantly reminded me of this; I have no problem letting a characters' actions over the cource of the story speak for their intentions.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
KLAMarine said:

-Renji

He was retrieving Rukia because he received orders to do so, same with her older brother, and his actions against Ichigo were because he was a criminal at the time.  He was definitely fatalistic about her sentence at first, but that's not the same as actively trying to kill her, and also not uncommon in these type of manga/anime (the hero has to be the one to change everyone's heart :P) At the very least, their fight made it clear his heart was torn about it, and once he'd made up his mind, he was right there with Ichigo ready to save her.

Honestly, if the guy has to be held accountable for that for the entire story, then most of the cast is pretty much doomed. Heck, her own adopted brother fought tooth and nail to have her executed just to uphold his own honor...and he became one of the main heroes of the story.

I think if you want that permanent accountability, you should try out Fairy Tail. Former villains are still being punished for actions they committed 400+ chapters ago. Personally it just makes me cringe to be constantly reminded me of this; I have no problem letting a characters' actions over the cource of the story speak for their intentions.

I'll have to take your word for a lot of this stuff. Haven't read or watched Bleach for ages now. Absolutely loved it at its height though.

Super_Boom said:

I've seen all of them, though I strongly prefer the One Piece manga over the anime. Even by adaptation standards, the padding is insane. I remember watching one scene from the war arc that turned a single panel from the manga into a two minute stare-down. Hell, that arc actually had more episodes than the manga arc had chapters. That shouldn't happen!!!!

I was into Bleach for awhile, but switched to the manga during the Fullbring arc...only to slowly lose interest more and more during the final arc. Dragonball I liked when I was younger, but lost interest in it over time. Naruto...well I've made my opinion here enough times, but I read it religiously for a long time, only to grow jaded as I began to realize how awful the writing had become. I dropped it around chapter 600 when I finally couldn't tolerate it anymore.

My favorite big battle manga is One Piece, though if you're looking for something in the same vein as the series in the OP, I'd highly recommend My Hero Academia.

Favorite game from these franchises is either Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (Tactical RPG on the DS) or DBZ Legacy of Goku Trilogy (action RPG on GBA).

Naruto and Bleach were both affected due to them never being able to take their time. Surprised they managed to keep it good for so long

Around the Network

I have seen them all except Naruto, I didn't see Naruto cuz I don't like the concept, though I do plan on catching up with the story through the UNS games and watching the final movie.

DBZ/OP are ranked equally high for me, after DBZ I went straight into OP when the show started airing in 2002. I haven't seen the latest 200 or so episodes because I am saving them up to binge lol, couldn't stand having to wait every week. Maybe this summer or the next I'll resume.

Bleach was nice too but it was ruined with the fillers, iirc it all has to do with the way the publisher treated its mangaka. The story went to shit and the illustrations in the manga gradually got worse.

Ranked:
1. Hunter x Hunter 1999
2. DBZ/OP
3. Bleach/Fairy Tail

shikamaru317 said:

Naruto > Bleach > Dragonball >>>>> One Piece

I feel the exact same way between these animes.

Wish Bleach just continued the anime and finsihed it off since there was only 1 arc left. (Or possibly do a series of OVAs for the final arc)

Ka-pi96 said:

Have you seen this anime?
All of Bleach. Various parts of Dragon Ball. Around half of the original Naruto. One episode of One Piece.

Your favorite of these four? Bleach, easily! Dragon Ball was alright when I was a kid, just can't get in to it these days though. Naruto I thought was pretty good, but then I stopped watching it a year or two ago and never felt any urge to go back. One Piece seemed like absolute trash to me.

What game of these anime do you like best? Bleach Soul Resureccion. I love musou games, so a musou-esque game with Bleach characters... yeah, that's awesome!

What are your favorite soundtracks of this anime? Various Bleach OPs. Can't remember which ones.
What is your favorite anime of all time? Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

And which "Fighting Shounen" can you still recommend? See above...

Favourite Characters? Hitsugaya Toshiro, cuz he's awesome

Even without liking One Piece, try playing Pirate Warriors 3. It's much better than this Bleach musou.

It depends on your age.

Which new shounen anime do you all think will succeed those 4 beasts?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?