By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY should sell PSOne games on the PS4.

Tagged games:

SONY should sell PSOne games on the PS4.

Yes. 60 85.71%

No! 10 14.29%

Total:70
Azzanation said:
starcraft said:
This won't happen, but it would almost be worth it just to play an upscaled Future Cop: LAPD on my TV.

I would play Future Cop again. Spend so many hours on that game. Memories

We agree on something d: future cop LAPD was great with my little brother.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I do not like collecting stuff. Like, nothing.

I'm a pack rat. I rarely throw anything out. Well, except for old clothes, which I give to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

As soon as I discovered MP3, I threw 100 CDs in the trash.

I still have my 100+ CD collection, and I still get new ones. Just bought Metallica's new album a few weeks ago on CD.

As soon as I buy a new console, I give one of the old ones away.

I kept every console I ever got. Well, except for the ones that stopped working.

If I buy a new bike, I give the old away.

Haven't had a bike in over a decade. :(

If I buy a new car, I sell the old one.

I can't afford to have more than one vehicle. I'm on my fifth vehicle, and the first three died on me, which is why I got a replacement. I had to sell my last vehicle to get my current one.

That said, there are tons of PsOne RPGs I would love to play, they never get old to me because i LOVE turn based games.

I do miss turn-based RPGs, and I don't like how the industry, both Western and Eastern, have decided that action-based is the only acceptable sub-genre. Most of the all-time great RPGs were from the 90s, when turn-based was king.

Why Sony keeps us waiting for the PSOne library in the PS4?

Do not tell me the PS4 can not emulate that console.

Please, there are important industry people in this website, some of them do not reveal themselves, but they are here. There are also influential youtubers here, some hide, some are public, like ARLO.

So, PLEASE, someone help me to reach out to Sony to make this happen ASAP.

Well, if you bothered collecting, you could hold out a bit for this thing:

http://retroblox.com/

I don't ditch my discs for this very reason. The games will last you a lifetime, and the hardware can be easily replaced if it fails (either by buying the original systems second-hand or by buying a hardware clone for older systems).

Or just buy a PS3. It's still BC with PS1 games.

With my luck, if I buy a PS3, Sony will release all PSone games on PS4 in the next day.

Also, did not know Metallica was still releasing albums.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

aLkaLiNE said:
Azzanation said:

The co-op. And those competitive little capture the base games. Sigh.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

aLkaLiNE said:
Azzanation said:

The planets must of been align haha. 

I use to play a ton of the multiplayer. That game was a forgotten gem. I can only dream of a full remake with today's tech.

It'd be cool I guess, but the games would probably be a bit pricy. I know that the PS2 games that are on the PS4 I can find for much cheaper. I guess it'd be cool for those who like to get trophies, though, if they decided to add in that feature.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
It'd be cool I guess, but the games would probably be a bit pricy. I know that the PS2 games that are on the PS4 I can find for much cheaper. I guess it'd be cool for those who like to get trophies, though, if they decided to add in that feature.

That´s is a problem. They add these features and then charge tons of money for the game. Just put them there and charge 3 to 5 bucks each. Much better.

Suikoden, Saga Frontier, Brigandine, Star Ocean...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Put them on ps now

mM

Would love this, as well. Though, I think they should make an emulator akin to the one for the PS2 on PS4 games, with higher resolutions and improved AA. They can make the games already bought on PSN for PS3/PSP crossbuy.

If they don't do it this gen, I would love more focus on it next. PS4 and PS2 are a no brainer, since they are sticking with x86 and already have the PS2 emulator for it. PS1 should be extremely easy for them, even with improved graphics. Hell, they own the Bleem emulator code. PS3 may be more tricky, but I think the PS5 will actually be powerful enough to emulate those games.

Of Course, I really can't understand why we still don't have PS1 games on PS4!?
We start receiving PS2 games and I love how they remastered them in some way, but there are very small number of PS2 games and still no PS1 games..

Jpcc86 said:
As a programmer I can tell you porting old psone games to a ps4 is incredibly easy and quickly to do so Sony is just doing it on purpose to piss you off. Alternatively, Im not a progammer and the reality is the opposite of what I just said.

As a programmer, I can tell you that there's no technical reason for not doing so. They just have to create an emulator for PS4. They did it for PS3/Vita. It's likely that they even already used it when re-releasing a PS1 game on PSN or maybe on UC4 to run Crash.