By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY should sell PSOne games on the PS4.

Tagged games:

SONY should sell PSOne games on the PS4.

Yes. 60 85.71%

No! 10 14.29%

Total:70
couchmonkey said:
WagnerPaiva said:

FF7 is for sale. It is only one, I think.

Godo to know.

I wonder if Sony is trying the same thing as Nintendo - fill in software gaps with more classic games?  Personally it drives me nuts, I shouldn't have to wait for the game collections to build back up again every time I buy a new piece of HW.

I could emulate Suikoden 1 and 2 this very night. But I am still waiting for Sony to come to their senses...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Jpcc86 said:
As a programmer I can tell you porting old psone games to a ps4 is incredibly easy and quickly to do so Sony is just doing it on purpose to piss you off. Alternatively, Im not a progammer and the reality is the opposite of what I just said.

It is possible, as they did with FF7. Sony hates me.

Of course its possible, just 2 months ago they put Suikoden IV in the PS3 store instead of doing it for the PS4 store. 2 years prior they did the same with Suikoden 3. Like, whats that about?  Why not put them for sale in your newest console, geez? The logical answer is Sony hates you. 

Get a vita my dude.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I would love if sony do that, but it looks like they don't have any interest on doing it.

Sony has a device for people who want to play PS1 games, its called a PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
As a programmer I can tell you porting old psone games to a ps4 is incredibly easy and quickly to do so Sony is just doing it on purpose to piss you off. Alternatively, Im not a progammer and the reality is the opposite of what I just said.

I'm guessing PS3, Vita, and PSP are all playing PS1 via emulation. I highly doubt bringing that to PS4 would be difficult.

Maybe Sony feels there isn't much money in selling PS1 games because they already did it on older devices. So it just isn't a focus.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

This is actually one of my biggest disappointments with PS4. I've been buying PS1 games on PS3 because I expected them to work on PS4 sooner or later, but nothing's happened. I know it's my own fault for expecting that, but I don't think it was an unreasonable expectation considering Sony's general stance on backwards compatibility. It's also one of the biggest reasons for my current dislike for consoles in general. On PC, I have backwards compatibility decades back from now. On consoles, I have backwards compatibility for one generation back if I'm lucky, and even that's not complete backwards compatibility.

Jpcc86 said:

Considering Sony has already done it with PS3, it shouldn't be too hard to do again because it's probably possibly to reuse large portions of the emulator from PS3.

It pisses me off so much how they aren't backwards compat yet, I understand why PS3 games aren't but there is absolutely no fucking reason for PS1/PS2 games to not be BC. I really wish Microsoft was doing better so it would be push Sony to do better but eh.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

PS3 games would be one thing. PS1 games would be inconsequential to most gamers though. PS1 games haven't aged well at all. A majority, anyway.

I think Sony isn't doing PS1 games because they would prefer they be remastered (FF7, Parappa). They probably want trophy support for all PS4 releases, which also rules out quick & dirty straight ports.

So...either emulate that shit or get a Vita TV.