By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sells 459,000 copies on launch day in US, fastest-selling Mario Kart in the US.

areason said:
EricFabian said:

No, is not. Maybe for you. But there is now 2 games in a road to sell 1M each. So you are wrong anyway

Yes and the 2nd is Mario Kart.

Launch games selling 1 million means nothing just look at ridge racer. The claim that super bomberman is pushing units is baffling, if it was a system seller then it would have not had a 7 year hiatus. 

who said anything about Bomberman or other titles being system sellers on their own?

it seems like you and others are changing goalposts.

"Zelda is the only game on Switch"

"there are plenty of other games on Switch"

"ya but they arent system sellers!!!!"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
areason said:

Yes and the 2nd is Mario Kart.

Launch games selling 1 million means nothing just look at ridge racer. The claim that super bomberman is pushing units is baffling, if it was a system seller then it would have not had a 7 year hiatus. 

who said anything about Bomberman or other titles being system sellers on their own?

it seems like you and others are changing goalposts.

"Zelda is the only game on Switch"

"there are plenty of other games on Switch"

"ya but they arent system sellers!!!!"

The person that i qouted did. 

I never said there are plenty of games on the switch. 

That's great news, now announce 2 more DLC packs.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Pavolink said:
onionberry said:
this is because we don't have other game and not because this franchise is powerful as fuck. lol doomed.

Well, they are right. Switch owners, as me, are rare people who can't play on other consoles, not even mobile, so Switch games are our only option.

Would this mean if Nintendo goes third party, you would too?

Neodegenerate said:
Well, so much for the theory some floated out around here that the game wouldn't be a big hit on Switch because it was 3 years old.

People seem to forget that the Wii U sold just a tiny bit of units and only to Nintendo fans. For the general public, it's almost like the console or any of its games didn't existed at all. That leaves an opening for Nintendo to remaster any succesful Wii U game. 

Around the Network
Wright said:
Pavolink said:

Well, they are right. Switch owners, as me, are rare people who can't play on other consoles, not even mobile, so Switch games are our only option.

Not sure I would be able to handle a big library.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Wright said:

It'll take you the same time adjusting to it as it took Nintendo to realize that Mario Run wasn't as profitable as Fire Emblem Heroes.

Wright said:
Pavolink said:

It'll take you the same time adjusting to it as it took Nintendo to realize that Mario Run wasn't as profitable as Fire Emblem Heroes.

What if it takes as much as me being good in Splatoon?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

torok said:
Neodegenerate said:
Well, so much for the theory some floated out around here that the game wouldn't be a big hit on Switch because it was 3 years old.

People seem to forget that the Wii U sold just a tiny bit of units and only to Nintendo fans. For the general public, it's almost like the console or any of its games didn't existed at all. That leaves an opening for Nintendo to remaster any succesful Wii U game. 

Were I Nintendo I would remaster every successful and any promising Wii U game.  Especially if demand keeps up the way it is for the Switch.

Pavolink said:
Wright said:

What if it takes as much as me being good in Splatoon?

By that time Nintendo will have released plenty of Nintendo games on other consoles already, so no point thinking about the library, you can just go for those instead.