By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sells 459,000 copies on launch day in US, fastest-selling Mario Kart in the US.

pokoko said:
OH my GOD! That's CRAZY!

Say it louder this time. Capitalize all letters!

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Lawlight said:

If indies were what people were interested in, the Vita would have smashed the competition. Sorry but big games are what people are after. This is the Switch's first in close to a month.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Even PS4 didn't get "big" titles every month on the month all the time. Indie titles are just there for the ride, they're obviously not going to drive Switch hardware sales, unless it's something like Minecraft (not sure if that qualifies as an indie title anymore). They fill in the gaps now and again. 

You said there is nothing else to play, there is a ton to play. People are interested in indie games and different gaming experiences. Snipperclips sold 350,000 digital in March on the Switch. There are people that want other experiences. I bought a switch first day and the five games i was most excited for was/are: Steamworld dig 2, Zelda, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyessy. Two indie games for me personally.

My friend saw the nindies direct right before the launch and came and lined up with me the night of the switch's release, on the basis of seeing interesting gaming experiences. He also bought a switch.

Wright said:
pokoko said:
OH my GOD! That's CRAZY!

OH MY GOD! THAT'S CRAZY!

You're welcome ;)

Not people trying to downplay this game's success with the overused "Switch owners don't have anything else to play" argument. It's just the power of the Mario Kart brand 

Wright said:
pokoko said:
OH my GOD! That's CRAZY!

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Finally you praise Nintendo. It seems you've woken up.

NintendoPie said:
pokoko said:

Finally you praise Nintendo. It seems you've woken up.

Only good thoughts!

I am in the minority it seems. i have MK8 (i think i bought all the DLC too) on the WiiU and have no intention of buying MK8D. My son loves the game, to me its meh.

Another Wiiiiiiii !!!

RolStoppable said:

And this is just the start. We have a few years ahead of us, completely filled with logical fallacies.

Just like the good old days. If Nintendo keeps doing this well, I'll have to release a late port of White Knight Chronicles Nintendo Edition on Switch.