By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sells 459,000 copies on launch day in US, fastest-selling Mario Kart in the US.

The strat of starving people for games seems to work. Case and point even Bomberman hit 1mil. I expect Arms and Splatoon 2 to go huge.

Around the Network

this is because we don't have other game and not because this franchise is powerful as fuck. lol doomed.

Slarvax said:
Soundwave said:

Any big multiplats launching in April? 

The only ones that come to my mind are Yooka-Laylee and... Lego City Undercover.

What about Persona 5? Its technically multiplat (PS3 & PS4)

Pop quiz time boys and girls! Fill in the blank with the statement that most correctly completes the sentence:

All other things being equal, if more Switch games had been released last month, _____________.
(a) fewer people would want to play Mario Kart
(b) more people would want to buy a Switch
(c ) Lawlight would say something positive about Nintendo

PAOerfulone said:
Slarvax said:

The only ones that come to my mind are Yooka-Laylee and... Lego City Undercover.

Right! Forgot about it (very odd, since I plan on getting it). P5 could outsell MK8D.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

It's  gonna be real close.

Persona is obviously not as popular as Mario Kart, but it has a 3 and a half week head start on it. 

(Game is fantastic by the way!)

Slarvax said:
PAOerfulone said:

Right! Forgot about it (very odd, since I plan on getting it). P5 could outsell MK8D.

What is the April NPD tracking period? 

After a month of just Zelda, I'd be hungry, too.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

i was expecting more but that is STILL great.. i cant wait for mk9

gameplay https://youtu.be/fEjJDJsi2wM

Nintendo Freind Code: SW-4075-9631-2912

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXcqI8b10pET5-IuPz5cfw

p0isonparadise said:
Slarvax said:

What is the April NPD tracking period? 

Should be from April 2nd to 29th. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988