By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I changed my mind about NS

I am almost certain HD rumble is not really employed in Breath of the Wild, partially because it was also a Wii U title. You would probably be better off playing Fast RMX or Mario Kart to notice the rumble.

I don't know how that is a negative though, the Switch rumble is at minimum as good as former systems (and better in instances where the HD rumble is fully employed).

But that's cool you're liking it okay. I personally was very impressed with the build quality, sleekness, and comfort of the Switch in the hands. The 3DS felt kind of cheap to me and was extremely awkward for me to comfortable play with its weird joystick and small button layout (for someone with biggish hands). The Switch feels mega comfortable, I was uncertain at first about the two sides of the controls/joycons being so wide apart in handheld mode but it actually is very comfortable. and thank the gods::: BIGGER SCREEN. the 3DS dual screen just felt unecessary to me and the top screen was way too small, even on the XL

Around the Network
ICStats said:

Folks may know I'm a big PS fan, but usually get all the consoles.  I've been quite critical of the NS, and initially had a poor first impression when trying a friend's system.

I picked up a NS four days ago with Zelda BOTW, Bomberman R and a Pro Controller and MK8 arrived today.  So far I like the system a lot.  It's much better than my prior impression.  I think Nintendo is onto a winner and I'm going to increase my sales expectations.

Things I like:

• Zelda BOTW is awesome.
  • The "Switching" ability works very well.  Docking / undocking is seamless.  So is switching from attached JoyCons to detached or Pro Controller, or separating the JoyCons into two individual controllers.
  • The controllers are all quite comfortable to use.  Though I've mostly been using the Pro controller at home, I also played with the JoyCon grip and found it comfortable.
  • The system software is clean and a big improvement over anything Nintendo has done so far.

Things less liked:

• It was OK for me, but the price of the system and extra controllers is kind of high.
  • The shop is still pretty empty.
  • The HD rumble is really quite lame.
TBD:
  • Haven't tried online multiplayer yet.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Switch. Care to share that Switch friend code?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

That's nice, would like to try the HD rumble for myself so I guess MK8 is the way to go

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Welcome Brother.  The Switch is on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.  

monocle_layton said:
The Switch is gonna be impossible to find once it hits the 250 sweet spot

...it already is haha

Around the Network
hd94 said:
try playing MK8 with HD rumble. it was awesome

Mar1217 said:
HD rumble in MK8DX gives really good feedback though

Okay, gonna give it a shot next time I get back on it.

monocle_layton said:
The Switch is gonna be impossible to find once it hits the 250 sweet spot

Well time Switch hits 250 price point (next year), we probably won't have stock issues.

Yeah, without even reading anything about it I immediate noticed the rumble in MK8D was different. Not an earth shattering, system selling feature, but it was cool.

All I could complain about if I had to do it is the e-shop. It's just a waste land right now. I know they're going to do more with it but come on already. Even a launch 360 had a better e-shop than this thing. lol

Cool that you're enjoying the machine and that you picked it up regardless of having your doubts and it sounds like you're giving it a good chance for something you weren't thinking could be a good machine.

Regarding the control of the console, have you tried it with joycons split while docked? that is how I play it when docked, as in, One Joy con per hand but not using the grip to tie them together like a traditional controller, I find it really different and more relaxed than holding hands together on my lap.

Do just be careful if you're putting on those little L/R straps though... if you slide the wrong one on the other Joycon it can be pretty damn hard to slide it back off again, as in put the L grip on the Right joycon, it fits on... but really tough to get back off it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive