By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DarthMetalliCube said:
GAH I am so sick of Lebron. The East just has no answer for him. Looking like yet another Warriors vs Cavs finals, *snore*. NBA is just so boring and predictable now.

I'm more sick of the Warriors and hope Rockets can eliminate them. Highly doubt it though...

Around the Network

I don't really understand how someone could be a fan of basketball, and yet be sick of seeing Lebron play on the biggest stage. I mean he's just phenomenal. I can understand being sick of the repetition of certain narratives that go along with him, but in terms of just seeing him out there doing his thing…..how can you get sick of that? You better appreciate this man while he's still on this level, because you never know how long it's going to be before you see a player of his caliber again.

I think really, what people are truly sick of, is the level of competition - or lack thereof - in the East, and the disparity that exists between the quality of teams in the two conferences.

Angelus said:
I don't really understand how someone could be a fan of basketball, and yet be sick of seeing Lebron play on the biggest stage. I mean he's just phenomenal. I can understand being sick of the repetition of certain narratives that go along with him, but in terms of just seeing him out there doing his thing…..how can you get sick of that? You better appreciate this man while he's still on this level, because you never know how long it's going to be before you see a player of his caliber again.

I think really, what people are truly sick of, is the level of competition - or lack thereof - in the East, and the disparity that exists between the quality of teams in the two conferences.

Well, I wouldn't really call myself a fan of basketball, but one of the things that prevents me from becoming one is that it's just too lopsided in favour of certain teams, like we could be seeing the same finals for the 4th year in a row. I prefer other sports leagues where upsets are more common and where it's much more competitive.

Angelus said:

I'm not sick of him but I am sick of the Eastern Conference being such a gong show of mediocrity. 

The Pacers were a mediocre team. 

The Raptors have the mental toughness of a 9 year old. 

The 76ers look like they have some talent but are so young and raw that they need to be potty trained.

The Celtics played without their two best players and are a bunch of kids too.

It's a joke of a conference. Good for LeBron, but it also feels like watching a 6th grader rough up a bunch of 4th graders or something every year. Big fish in a very small pond. 

The NBA should just forget conference seeding and just seed West/East teams 1-16. No more free lunches.

Soundwave said:
Angelus said:

I'm not sick of him but I am sick of the Eastern Conference being such a gong show of mediocrity. 

The 76ers look like they have some talent but are so young and raw that they need to be potty trained.

It's a joke of a conference. Good for LeBron, but it also feels like watching a 6th grader rough up a bunch of 4th graders or something every year. Big fish in a very small pond. 

The NBA should just forget conference seeding and just seed West/East teams 1-16. No more free lunches. 

I feel like I just said that in the last sentence lol

I completely agree about the East, but I mean that ain't Lebron's fault. He can only play what's in front of him

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Angelus said:

No what the NBA should do is reduce the salary cap by about 30%.  Force the talent to redistribute because the problem with this league is that talent constantly bunches up.

Also, this whole post is a gross exaggeration but that's par for the course in these discussions so not even going to bother responding to that.

Nuvendil said:
Soundwave said:

No what the NBA should do is reduce the salary cap by about 30%.  Force the talent to redistribute because the problem with this league is that talent constantly bunches up.

Also, this whole post is a gross exaggeration but that's par for the course in these discussions so not even going to bother responding to that.

I think the NBA has a soft salary cap, I guess they could go for a hard salary cap like the NHL and NFL do.

Nuvendil said:
Soundwave said:

"talent constantly bunches up"

I'm looking at Durant joining the Warriors. I don't understand why this would be allowed. I would think it would be in any sport's best interest to prevent talent from bunching up in order to keep things tight and competitive but apparently not...

Sport isn't about competition, apparently.

Seems to be about the same start as Games 2 and 5 for both teams, so I expect the Warriors to comeback in the 3rd quarter. The only issue I see right now is for the Rockets in missing Chris Paul. Paul came up with some clutch shots in both those wins, so this is looking to be a great game to end these conference finals (AKA True Finals).

TH3-D0S3R said:
Seems to be about the same start as Games 2 and 5 for both teams, so I expect the Warriors to comeback in the 3rd quarter. The only issue I see right now is for the Rockets in missing Chris Paul. Paul came up with some clutch shots in both those wins, so this is looking to be a great game to end these conference finals (AKA True Finals).

Arguably CP3's biggest game and he can't play in it.

I feel bad for the man, would love to see him win a ring before he retires.