By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN Generates More Revenue than Nintendo

any data for Steam FY2016?

Around the Network

I updated your OP with what ZhugeEX posted in this thread.

Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:

I don't think the Switch got more attention than Pokemon Go.

Well, as Pokemon Go is made by Niantic not Nintendo, it is easy to ascertain. Nintendo has over 5000 employees. Sure, not all working on Switch and Switch games, as they have other products, mainly 3DS. Let's say only 1000 of them working in the Switch and games for it column. That's a ridiculous low assumption, but let's go with it. Niantic has ... less than 200 employees. So sure, they each poured more than 5 times more attention into their product than the Nintendo-employees. But stop, Pokemon Go isn't Ninantics only product, they still have and maintain Ingress, their main product.

So you may think that Switch got less attention than PoGo, but it is basically impossible. You should rethink your thinking.

I meant attention from consumers..

Shiken said:
Lawlight said:

And I'll stick to the fact that Sony has made billion dollar profit for the last 2 years. And I'll also stick to the fact that the gaming division has made profits in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Data before 2012 for gaming isn't available. Your claims are no more relevant. Now that your second argument has been destroyed, what will you be jumping to next?

Two years of profit after a decade of loss and debt.  Sorrybut you have not destroyed anything because even though they have made a profit, it will be a long time before they make back everything that they lost prior to these past two years.

You can continue living in the past. In the meantime PS has been destroying the competition and has been hugely successful.

daredevil.shark said:
brute said:
This is all of PSN sales right? Not just revenue from + subscribers?

PS+, online game, movie, TV series sales, Hulu, DLC etc all combined.

Sony doesn't own any stake in Hulu so how exactly are they making money from Hulu?  Did they hide Netflix and Hulu behind the PS+ paywall?  Do you have to pay for PS+ in order to stream Hulu and Netflix?  If so that sucks and is bullshit

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

You can continue living in the past. In the meantime PS has been destroying the competition and has been hugely successful.

The word hugely should be banned from use after hearing it from the Trump team constantly. 

Slownenberg said:
obviously this will be a very good business model for nintendo then. Nintendo has been missing out on a lot of free money up until now.

It doens't help when they have to reset their VC collection, each generation. And take forever, to release the stuff people want.

archer9234 said:
Slownenberg said:
obviously this will be a very good business model for nintendo then. Nintendo has been missing out on a lot of free money up until now.

It doens't help when they have to reset their VC collection, each generation. And take forever, to release the stuff people want.

In 7 years the Switch VC will be almost on par with the Wii VC.  Hey at least I was able to transfer my Wii VC to the Wii U.  That's something 360 and PS3 owners could never do when going with Xbox One and PS4.  So much for that transfer to the Switch.  That'll eventually come at some "discounted" price.

sethnintendo said:
daredevil.shark said:

PS+, online game, movie, TV series sales, Hulu, DLC etc all combined.

Sony doesn't own any stake in Hulu so how exactly are they making money from Hulu?  Did they hide Netflix and Hulu behind the PS+ paywall?  Do you have to pay for PS+ in order to stream Hulu and Netflix?  If so that sucks and is bullshit

I am no expert and do not use hulu in PS4. However as a platform owner Sony will certainly take some cash. Even if it sucks and it's bullshit people loves it.

daredevil.shark said:
sethnintendo said:

I am no expert and do not use hulu in PS4. However as a platform owner Sony will certainly take some cash. Even if it sucks and it's bullshit people loves it.

Yea well I'd just use a Roku or any other device that can stream without having to pay for an extra charge.  Reminds me of Microsoft hiding Netflix behind Xbox Live membership because at first they were the only system to have Netflix.  Microsoft changed course once Sony and Nintendo got Netflix and no longer required Live subscription to view Netflix on the 360.  I don't think Sony is putting Netflix and Hulu behind PS+ account but you never know.