By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Which is the better movie?

Vol. 1 17 45.95%

Vol. 2 10 27.03%

Undecided 4 10.81%

see results 6 16.22%

Total:37

I was planning to see it cos I enjoyed the first, but friends say the first one is better, so I am reading this thread hoping to be encouraged to go and see it

Around the Network

Thanks, Ok guys I made up my mind, reading through all this positive thoughts, I will go and see it this week end

mZuzek said:
miqdadi said:
Thanks, Ok guys I made up my mind, reading through all this positive thoughts, I will go and see it this week end

Not sure about the use of plural there, but...

yeah. Just keep an open mind. Don't go in with expectations, just let it in and appreciate it for what it is, instead of comparing it to its predecessor. It's not the same movie as Vol. 1 and it's quite a bit more slow-paced, too.

OK, I will, thanks again

I always do that if it's a movie or a video game, they can't and they shouldn't repeat themselves again in the next installment

spurgeonryan said:
It always surprises me when people hold back on seeing movies. I see 5-6 movies a month in theater so not going unless a movie is superb is a foreign concept to me.

Saw it twice, enjoyed it much more the second time.

Spoiler

Can someone explain who Adam will be, and who is that team at the end that Stallone is part of?

Yep that's me, my two brothers are just like you, they see so many movies, me I like to be sure that it's up for my taste, even in video games I don't buy so many, but the ones I like I play to the core

Another thing about the superhero movies is that I was always into their comics, so it became a close part to me growing up on Marvel or DC charechters, and Guardian of the galaxy was built on go and have a good time with great music tracks and great actors, so I guess i'll end up seeing it more than once

Watched it the other day. I'm no film connoisseur but I really enjoyed it. The first one caught me by surprise and this one was definitely better imo. Lots of cool action scenes, great comedy and nice character development. I thought Rocket and Yondu in particular got the best development in the movie.

My only gripe really was with how Drax was portrayed/written here. He felt pretty much like the punchline of the whole film and had waaaay too many comedy related segments. They were great just like in the first movie, especially due to Bautista's excellent deadpan deliveries, but felt a bit overdone at points. He's the muscle of the group and should have been involved in a lot more badass fighting segments. Plus I think there's a lot of potential in having great emotional development with Drax as well.

Anyway, nitpicking aside, the movie was great and if anyone is on the fence on watching it, you should definitely do so. I even watched it in 3D and man was I blown away by the effects during the fight scenes. I thought it made the film even better.

Around the Network

Too many bits that were either not funny, or funny, then dragged too long. They seemed to not want there to ever be any tension.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

mZuzek said:
spurgeonryan said:
It always surprises me when people hold back on seeing movies. I see 5-6 movies a month in theater so not going unless a movie is superb is a foreign concept to me.

Saw it twice, enjoyed it much more the second time.

Spoiler

Can someone explain who Adam will be, and who is that team at the end that Stallone is part of?

(just use spoiler tags)

Nice to know you enjoyed it more the second time, I feel like this is definitely a movie that'll grow on people with time.

I don't know much about Marvel in general, as I was never much of a comic book guy, but I have read the Guardians of the Galaxy comics the movies are based on (off the back of the hype from the first movie), and based on that and the general knowledge I know, I can say Adam Warlock is a character that appeared in the comics as a villain that eventually turned good, and is apparently a really big deal in the Marvel Universe (not just GotG). As for Stallone's team, that is supposedly the original Guardians of the Galaxy team (from the 1960s comics, not the 2000s one), which also had Yondu as a member.

In the comics Adam Warlock and Nebulae (along with Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer) play significant roles in Infinity War, but I'm not sure how Marvel will handle it or keep them more to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Saw it this past weekend. It was forgettable.

Sure I laughed during it and enjoyed the movie, but I don't see any desire to ever watch it again. Heck, look how long it took to post in this topic. Don't really care to discuss it really even.

Way too many jokes that just felt tacked on and out of place. The intro was way too long. Sure I laughed when Groot danced for like 10 seconds. Then 5 minutes later your practically screaming at the screen to freaking move on already. Drax was funny, but more of a first time funny. All of his jokes, and he had a billion will no longer be funny second viewings and more.

The story was a good closure to the Starlord storyline, but overall completely pointless in the full scheme. If this movie never existed, nothing would change. The first Guardians movie could have had an end credits scene with showing off Adam Warlock and we would be just fine.

Too much CGI and cuts during fighting. The second is a trouble most marvel movies have. It's like watching a Liam Neesan movie. Each punch requires 5 different angles it feels like. I'm excited to see Wonder Woman's Wharehouse scene. Looks like it could be the BvS batman scene. Or Netflix's love for Hallway scenes. The greatest fight scenes are ones with less cuts and have a more one take feel to them.

http://i.imgur.com/WXLMHfw.jpg

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Wasn't as good as the first, but still enjoyable. Visually it's a stone cold stunner (colors, cg, art, costumes, makeup fx), but it felt like they were relying too much on previous successes with worse execution. Jokes fell flat too often, songs were too much for their own sake, and the pacing was all over the place. A great cast got even better, though. 2.5*