By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces New 2DS XL

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

How much more does a regular N3DSXL cost at this point? Cant be much more than 150 bucks...

$199.99 and 0 stock, you can't even buy the thing since last year.

Still...150 for this thing must make Nintendo a big profit per unit sold.

Around the Network

Honestly after watching that video, if you have any interest in the 3DS (or 2DS in this case) it would definitely be the one I go with. Cheaper to manufacture and sell as well.

I really like it, never really wanted the 3D feature anyway and it looks only a little thicker than your average smart phone in a case.

Initially I thought it was a prank, but now I kind of wish I had one lol, if it was earlier in its lifespan and I didn't already have a few I'd get it.

For those that didn't watch the video, it's a clamshell design akin to the 3DS and can play New 3DS software. Basically, it's just the New 3DS without the 3D feature and a good deal thinner, so it has little to do with the old 2DS's style.

ummm well thats one way to make sure they sell 6 million units

Bristow9091 said:
That's actually pretty great! Nice price too... the 3DS really is going on and on isn't it, lol

i feel like this is meant to be the definitive 3DS product. the Switch is incredibly sleek and slim, and packs a huge amount of power for its size. now enter the New 2DS, also sleek, and with a VERY affordable price point. this will probably be the one they stick with until they end the 3DS line

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Not fond of the light blue bevel. Hoping for other colors.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Not fond of the light blue bevel. Hoping for other colors.

there will also be a White model with orange highlights

Hopefully this goes the way of the Micro and Nintendo doesn't seriously plan on supporting the 3DS for much longer.

Edit: Damn... the white one's quite nice.

Yerm said:

i feel like this is meant to be the definitive 3DS product. the Switch is incredibly sleek and slim, and packs a huge amount of power for its size. now enter the New 2DS, also sleek, and with a VERY affordable price point. this will probably be the one they stick with until they end the 3DS line

Can't be a definitive 3DS product...without 3D!

EDIT: It's two thirds from the name!!

Wright said:
Yerm said:

Can't be a definitive 3DS product...without 3D!

EDIT: It's two thirds from the name!!

yes, eliminating 3D is a step backwards, but 3D really was a gimmick of the time. the 3DS is really the only home device that still focuses on using it, and some devs have opted to just not use it at all any more and just focus on game design. i would not be too upset to let it go