By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star at the Bar: Catphished

VGPolyglot said:
I just also wanted to say this Star, I really do enjoy these threads! It's nice having something to talk about at night here. I hope that you will do these for a while! You're probably my favourite mod!

Yeah, I made these to spice up VGChartz at night since it gets stale here around this time XD plus I need people to talk with! Most of my Aussie friends are busy and mod chat is dead XD Unfortunately, the SatB threads will be ending in May. My client decided he doesnt need care taking anymore. However, new threads of a similar nature will pop up. WHOO! Im someones fave mod! 

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

Right now Im living in Ohio XD a bit north of Florida!

Even Ohio itself is pretty big! I've mainly been to Toledo, as I'm originally from Michigan and that city's right next to it though I did pass through Cincinnati too before. I've never been to Cleveland or Columbus, though.

Columbus is where I am. Toledo is like 2hrs north of Columbus, I think

StarOcean said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah, its pretty bad here.Though I get the impression that they are a bit exagerated outside of the country.I mean, people live here and many manage to die of old age.Actually there is a funny story:My Aunt ended up marrying an Austrian guy.But for the cerimony, they came to Brazil, along with his family, and they all stayed in my Aunts house.Everything was going fine.But as the days passed, my Aunt mother-in-law never took a shower.Finding it strange, she asked her husband what was wrong and then he asked his mother.She said that she heard back in Austria that the water here was all contaminated and if she took a shower or drank water from the sink, would get terribly sick.So of course the husband smacked some sense into her and all went back to normal.Though that was some 30 years ago, its interesting to hear about that, because people still have some misconceptions about here.Though I recommend that, if you ever come to larger cities, like Sao Paulo or Rio, to come with someone that knows those cities.

But I do travel alot and its not rare for me to travel to Miami.Where are you from?

EDIT: I get what your grandma was coming from. Certain water, depending on the country can make you sick. But the sickness is more or less just stomach cramps. Nothing major!

Oh, just a bit far then! XD

Oh, it was not even that.Its was just baseless conjecture and rumours that usually people from Europe, US and first world in general have about third world countries.I dont know if you have watched, but its basically like that Simpsons episode when they go to Rio(I think thats the city they go to).All untrue and based on silly fears people tend to have about places they dont know about.But I cant blame them.I mean, I have the same "racism" for countries in Africa for example.

Anyways, this is getting a bit off topic.If by any chance I travel to Ohio one day, Ill be sure to give you a heads up!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:
I just also wanted to say this Star, I really do enjoy these threads! It's nice having something to talk about at night here. I hope that you will do these for a while! You're probably my favourite mod!

Yeah, I made these to spice up VGChartz at night since it gets stale here around this time XD plus I need people to talk with! Most of my Aussie friends are busy and mod chat is dead XD Unfortunately, the SatB threads will be ending in May. My client decided he doesnt need care taking anymore. However, new threads of a similar nature will pop up. WHOO! Im someones fave mod! 

Hopefully you'll be able to find another client soon after that! My aunt had a long running client, and when he died she had a lot of trouble finding a new one.

GoOnKid said:

Her dad found her on the side of the road and she found out she was Irish.

That line made my day!!! xDDDD

The explanations this person gave were sometimes really dumb XD she also said her (a different cousin, not from the story) cousin died because she and her cousin were climbing a tree, but then her cousin got on her shoulders and fell and died. Or that she found out she was Irish by talking to a member of the IRA... v.v XD

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
StarOcean said:

EDIT: I get what your grandma was coming from. Certain water, depending on the country can make you sick. But the sickness is more or less just stomach cramps. Nothing major!

Oh, it was not even that.Its was just baseless conjecture and rumours that usually people from Europe, US and first world in general have about third world countries.I dont know if have watched, but its basically like that Simpsons episode when they go to Rio(I think thats the city they go to).All untrue and based on silly fears people tend to have about places they dont know about.But I cant blame them.I mean, I have the same "racism" for countries in Africa for example.

Anyways, this is getting a bit off topic.If by any chance I travel to Ohio one day, Ill be sure to give you a heads up!

Well, the Simpsons in general is meant to be an exaggeration of stereotypes. It frequently makes fun of American culture and living, and makes things crazy too like a safety inspector of a nuclear power plant that sleeps on the job and knows nothing about what he's supposed to be doing!

Nautilus said:
StarOcean said:

Oh, it was not even that.Its was just baseless conjecture and rumours that usually people from Europe, US and first world in general have about third world countries.I dont know if you have watched, but its basically like that Simpsons episode when they go to Rio(I think thats the city they go to).All untrue and based on silly fears people tend to have about places they dont know about.But I cant blame them.I mean, I have the same "racism" for countries in Africa for example.

Is it untrue? Huh, I assumed it was true XD

You should for sure!

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

Hopefully you'll be able to find another client soon after that! My aunt had a long running client, and when he died she had a lot of trouble finding a new one.

I hope so... Ughh its gonna mess with my schedule with my second job for sure though x.x

Ka-pi96 said:
StarOcean said:

That doesn't mean you need to stop going to the bar!

#KeepStar@theBar

I'll probably keep the name

VGPolyglot said:
Nautilus said:

Oh, it was not even that.Its was just baseless conjecture and rumours that usually people from Europe, US and first world in general have about third world countries.I dont know if have watched, but its basically like that Simpsons episode when they go to Rio(I think thats the city they go to).All untrue and based on silly fears people tend to have about places they dont know about.But I cant blame them.I mean, I have the same "racism" for countries in Africa for example.

Well, the Simpsons in general is meant to be an exaggeration of stereotypes. It frequently makes fun of American culture and living, and makes things crazy too like a safety inspector of a nuclear power plant that sleeps on the job and knows nothing about what he's supposed to be doing!

Oh yes yes.It was just an example to demonstrate how ridiculous the perception some people have of some countries.Like how there is that idea that every american is fat and umb, and that people from Ukraine are either prostitute(woman) or just good for manual labor(men)(This one I heard directly from a guy from Ukraine when I was in Germany).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ka-pi96 said:
Nautilus said:

Not just third world countries either. I've heard my grandparents express those concerns about going to pretty much every country that's not in the UK

I do think that's more of an older people thing though, so maybe it will change in the future.

My aunt and uncle live in the US, and don't even trust the water, so they only drink it bottled! Though they do live in Michigan, where Flint is located, and if you know what happened there you can understand why they don't trust it!