By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star at the Bar: Catphished

StarOcean said:
Nautilus said:

Havent checked my profile? XD

Brazil

Brazil is beautiful! The crime I hear about scares me though XD

Yeah, its pretty bad here.Though I get the impression that they are a bit exagerated outside of the country.I mean, people live here and many manage to die of old age.Actually there is a funny story:My Aunt ended up marrying an Austrian guy.But for the cerimony, they came to Brazil, along with his family, and they all stayed in my Aunts house.Everything was going fine.But as the days passed, my Aunt mother-in-law never took a shower.Finding it strange, she asked her husband what was wrong and then he asked his mother.She said that she heard back in Austria that the water here was all contaminated and if she took a shower or drank water from the sink, would get terribly sick.So of course the husband smacked some sense into her and all went back to normal.Though that was some 30 years ago, its interesting to hear about that, because people still have some misconceptions about here.Though I recommend that, if you ever come to larger cities, like Sao Paulo or Rio, to come with someone that knows those cities.

But I do travel alot and its not rare for me to travel to Miami.Where are you from?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, I told my parents eventually in 2013. From 2011-2013 was when I was the most worried. From 2013-16 it was just annoying, though I wasn't really scared of him anymore. Of course, when I kept blocking him and threats wouldn't work, he said how he was going to kill himself if I stopped talking to him.

Ah so he tried manipulating you I see

Yep, and I should have left it at that. Of course, when I first talked to him in 2010, he said that he had severe problems with depression and things like that, I got hooked trying to be nice to him and give him a friend, because he said that he didn't have any. So, it made me a bit vulnerable in that sense.

VGPolyglot said:
Nautilus said:

Brazil

LOL, you'd have to hang out with BraLoD, Shikamo and WagnerPaiva I guess!

Brazil is quite big, you know that right? XD

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
VGPolyglot said:

LOL, you'd have to hang out with BraLoD, Shikamo and WagnerPaiva I guess!

Brazil is quite big, you know that right? XD

Yes, I know that! I know that BraLoD lives in Sao Paulo state, though, and someone else here does too but I can't remember what his name was. I'm not sure which state you live in.

Her dad found her on the side of the road and she found out she was Irish.

That line made my day!!! xDDDD

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nautilus said:

Brazil

Maybe it should say Brazil in your profile then. Antarctica =/= Brazil

Hmm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Antarctica

Ka-pi96 said:
Nautilus said:

Brazil

Maybe it should say Brazil in your profile then. Antarctica =/= Brazil

I did that because I like my privacy.Same reason that I didnt put age in there.The only reason that I said here were Im from is because I had enough time to get to know you(most active users) guys enough to know that you are all nice, and thus I dont have much problem with giving that info!

I just also wanted to say this Star, I really do enjoy these threads! It's nice having something to talk about at night here. I hope that you will do these for a while! You're probably my favourite mod!

Nautilus said:
StarOcean said:

Brazil is beautiful! The crime I hear about scares me though XD

Yeah, its pretty bad here.Though I get the impression that they are a bit exagerated outside of the country.I mean, people live here and many manage to die of old age.Actually there is a funny story:My Aunt ended up marrying an Austrian guy.But for the cerimony, they came to Brazil, along with his family, and they all stayed in my Aunts house.Everything was going fine.But as the days passed, my Aunt mother-in-law never took a shower.Finding it strange, she asked her husband what was wrong and then he asked his mother.She said that she heard back in Austria that the water here was all contaminated and if she took a shower or drank water from the sink, would get terribly sick.So of course the husband smacked some sense into her and all went back to normal.Though that was some 30 years ago, its interesting to hear about that, because people still have some misconceptions about here.Though I recommend that, if you ever come to larger cities, like Sao Paulo or Rio, to come with someone that knows those cities.

But I do travel alot and its not rare for me to travel to Miami.Where are you from?

Right now Im living in Ohio XD a bit north of Florida!

EDIT: I get what your grandma was coming from. Certain water, depending on the country can make you sick. But the sickness is more or less just stomach cramps. Nothing major!

StarOcean said:
Nautilus said:

Right now Im living in Ohio XD a bit north of Florida!

Even Ohio itself is pretty big! I've mainly been to Toledo, as I'm originally from Michigan and that city's right next to it though I did pass through Cincinnati too before. I've never been to Cleveland or Columbus, though.