By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Switch with 4G or GSM and how much more would you be willing to pay?

Would you like a Switch with Cel service?

Yes - multiplyer is a thing 23 20.72%

Nope 81 72.97%

See results 7 6.31%

Total:111

Nope, the feature didn't do well on Vita and will not do good on Switch either, almost everyone has a phone with tether capability nowdays and there is WiFi almost everywhere so I dont think that that feature is really needed.

Ohh and it's GSM not GMS ;)

Around the Network

Can't you just link to your smartphone and use data from there?

Even if the Switch had 4g, it couldn't replace my phone. Camera, gps, apps on apps on apps, music, video, books, etc--there Switch couldn't compete. But then, I don't want it to. It's good at playing console quality games on the go (and at home). For me, that's enough.

i can just use a hotspot

No fucking way! That would cost me A LOT! Especially with my monthly phone bills.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Nope. I'd never use it

I wouldn't trade in my Switch. I'm happy with it as it is now, and I don't even know what 4G/GSM would do for me. So, pass for me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I wouldn't, but to keep these things separate :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Would be a nifty feature, but not as nifty as some think. I've used 4G for online play and it's not particularly good. It's only serviceable at the best of times. And the speeds and ping can fluctuate a lot without warning. It would mostly be used for eshop use, not gaming. And of course, it would require extra fees and that's no fun. So yeah, would not pay a dime more upfront.

And no, calling and texting would mean nothing to me. In fact, bloating the system with such superfluous features would be a negative in my mind. I have a phone.

darkrulier said:
Nope, the feature didn't do well on Vita and will not do good on Switch either, almost everyone has a phone with tether capability nowdays and there is WiFi almost everywhere so I dont think that that feature is really needed.

Ohh and it's GSM not GMS ;)

Thanks, I edited my original post so that it is now right.  LOL told you I don't know much about international networks.