By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Nintendo needs to have a great press conference for me (with the switch)

All I want is a 10 inch Switch with an overclocked GTX Titan Xp and an eternal-lasting battery for $250. Otherwise, nintendoomed!

Around the Network

Mario Odd. is there. Nintendo should be fine. 2014 was the last E3 the collective unconscious seems to call 'good' for Nintendo, though I'd argue that 2016 wasn't as bad as people say it is. One doesn't get mobs for being bad.

2014 had the following games

Art Academy (Wii U)[22]
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)[23]
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS)
Devil's Third (Wii U)
Fossil Fighters: Frontier (3DS)[24]
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)[25]
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)[26]
Mario Maker (Wii U)
Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U)
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
Pushmo World (Wii U)
Splatoon (Wii U)
Star Fox (Wii U)[27]
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (3DS / Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)[28]
Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

With Mario Odd. confirmed, we can probably be safe to assume that we'll see the other confirmed games of Nintendo there. So, if we look at the list again

Art Academy (Wii U)[22]
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)[23]
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS)
Devil's Third (Wii U)
Fossil Fighters: Frontier (3DS)[24]
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)[25] / Fire Emblem Warriors (N3DS/Switch)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) / Unnannounced Kirby Multiplayer game from April Direct (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)[26]
Mario Maker (Wii U)
Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U)
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
Pushmo World (Wii U)
Splatoon (Wii U)/ Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Star Fox (Wii U)[27]
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (3DS / Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)[28] / Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

So there are a number of overlaps and more games can only be announced.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I would like to hear about the online subscription service, multimedia apps, Virtual Console & My Nintendo integration

Obviously info & gameplay of games set to release in the 2nd half of the year and hopefully some announcements of games coming this year that we dont know about yet.

And another obvious one is getting a pretty good glimpse of what is in store for next year. I dont want them to blow their load and show off everything coming next year but enough to let us know 2018 will have strong support.

One thing I dont want them to announce is games that will release in 2019 and beyond. I dont like announcements years in advance and wish publlishers/developers would basically stick to what is releasing in the coming 12-18 months. No game needs to be at more than 2 E3's.

So to sum it up, detailed info on the various online services, an in depth look at games releasing later this year and a glimpse of what to expect next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

EricFabian said:
I don't think Nintendo will do some kind of achieviements system

They haven't figured out the online yet. That would suck if they didn't. It would be cool to toggle through achievements over the phone.

1. Not gonna happen (trophies)
2. Will happen
3. Will happen
4. Will (probably) happen
5. Will happen

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
All I want is a 10 inch Switch with an overclocked GTX Titan Xp and an eternal-lasting battery for $250. Otherwise, nintendoomed!

You got it wrong, people want a 4 inch Switch with no bezels, thinner than a sheet of paper, with a super overclocked GTX Titan xp, a 4k display and an ever lasting battery. For $200. And preferably with games bundled, otherwise it's not worth it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

camilosanchez16 said:
Pokémon

This. I hope the third major game to Sun/Moon is on Switch. Talk about a killer app. 

Those Nintrophies get brought up a fair amount. Since a new system just launched, now would be a nice time to introduce them. However, like others, I doubt it happens.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

LipeJJ said:
monocle_layton said:

You got it wrong, people want a 4 inch Switch with no bezels, thinner than a sheet of paper, with a super overclocked GTX Titan xp, a 4k display and an ever lasting battery. For $200. And preferably with games bundled, otherwise it's not worth it.

With da PS4 bein 250, da switch should be cheaper since it  is weaker! It's not as if the Switch is <1/10th the size of the ps4!

AlfredoTurkey said:
camilosanchez16 said:
Pokémon

This. I hope the third major game to Sun/Moon is on Switch. Talk about a killer app. 

Omg. Sun and moon on the switch with better graphics. That would be amazing.