By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Sell 12mil Lifetime (or close to it)

12mil soon and beyond

Around the Network

Cant help but wonder if the next Mario Kart will be held off until the next platform. From a business standpoint, seem like no reason to have a brand new Kart on Switch since MK8 will have unbelievable legs.

Congrats! I expect it to rise even more after Mario Kart Tour.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

20 million minimum

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Cant help but wonder if the next Mario Kart will be held off until the next platform. From a business standpoint, seem like no reason to have a brand new Kart on Switch since MK8 will have unbelievable legs.

It would probably be better for them to ride out the Switch's lifespan with MK8:D and extend its relevancy by making a new DLC pack with new parts, tracks, battle maps and characters.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Congrats! I expect it to rise even more after Mario Kart Tour.

I didnt make this a bold prediction lol. Imagine i did amd said 20mil? XD

PortisheadBiscuit said:

I dont think a new mk is necessary

Interesting read

I thought the title of this thread was dumb until I saw it was made over a year ago. Obviously MK8D it is going to go way beyond 12m. But even now people underestimate games on the Switch. tbone51 has a full time job serving crow it seems.

This is why I never doubt this dude.