By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Currently from top 5 best reviewed games in 2017. Switch has 3 games

Acevil said:
Wright said:

I've always openly disliked Mario Kart, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Ya it is the one thing I don't get about wright, he likes Final Fantasy 8, but hates Mario Kart, I mean come on. 

One is a fantastic game and the other is a meh kart racing game. C'mon Ace, the choice is obvious here!

On a side note, I'm not here to change people/critic's opinion about Mario Kart, or impose valorations. I just disagree with it and the scores it gets.

FunFan said:
Wright said:

Ew, Mario Kart way too high. Also the only remaster I know of (there could be another one, but I can't really think of any) to ever score better than the original game, for some reason. And don't tell me fixing Battle Mode is automatically worth of five more points!

Persona 4 Golden. And everyone was sucking Vitas dick back then too. Already posted nvm.

The_Yoda said:
Wright said:

Ew, Mario Kart way too high. Also the only remaster I know of (there could be another one, but I can't really think of any) to ever score better than the original game, for some reason. And don't tell me fixing Battle Mode is automatically worth of five more points!

New battle mode and all the DLC from the orginal ... might be worth 5 points, I seem to remember the DLC being decent.

I dunno, for the quickest example I can think, The Last of Us added basically all the DLC for the remaster plus the stand-alone expansion, not to mention the graphical bump and the photography mode (I think this wasn't present on the original ps3 version), and it still scored the same as the original game.

Around the Network

Zelda: BOTW is one game released on two systems, not sure why that counts as two Switch games?

V-r0cK said:
Miyamotoo said:

Technically it's Wii U port, but practically it's brand new game that has dual release on two platforms, same like Zelda Twilight Princes, so main point is that is brand new game in any case.

It's only brand new because Nintendo held back on releasing the Wii U version sooner that's all.

It doesn't really matter, fact is that is brand new Switch game and actually has perception on market like brand new Switch game.

Uabit said:

Wii U has shovel knight, Mario Kart 8 and Zelda BOTW too + many other exclusives from past years. So for now Wii U > Switch.

This is list for 2017. year, and you have only one Wii U game listed in top 5.

FunFan said:
MK8 has only 38 reviews, meta could still go down. A bit of jumping the gun in here. Also, the Switch is just getting started, lets wait until the year ends and come back. Also, top 5? Come on, is always top 10.

It could be down, but currently is 94 and hardly will go below 91, so most likely it will stay in top 5 in any case. I wrote currently in 2017. its very interesting that Switch is just launched and already has 3 of top 5 of best reviewed games in 2017. currently.

AnthonyW86 said:
Zelda: BOTW is one game released on two systems, not sure why that counts as two Switch games?

Who counts it like two Switch games?

AnthonyW86 said:

It doesn't count as a switch game! Read the list again there are 3 switch games in there.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

It has 4 games in the top 20!!! Oh yeah I see what you stopped at top 5.

Will Super Mario Odyssey be the next to join the top 5?

Barkley said:

I think if it actually open world like 64 and Sunshine, ya I bet it will.

Acevil said:
Barkley said:

I think if it actually open world like 64 and Sunshine, ya I bet it will.

I can definitely see it making the top 5 currently, we'll see if any tough competition releases over the next several months though! There might be a few games in the 90's on the way.

2017 is the best year for gaming in a long time.

Switch is a beast and the games are great unlike other consoles game when launches like PS4 with knack and Shadowfall lmao
Deserved and the downplay is real by some set of console fans

Platina said:
Is nice that I can get both Zelda and MK8 for Wii U :p

Still on the fence if I should upgrade to Deluxe when I get the Switch though

Exactly my dilemma too; is battle mode worth it? Starting to look like YES in some of the videos.