By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Horizon Zero Dawn Sell 10mil Lifetime? (Or Close to It)

If it gets bundled, it has a shot of doing it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I don't think it will. Probably 6-7 million tops for a new ip. It's only on the one console too. Still an epic achievement.

extremely unlikely. that would be like a 5x sell rate multiple over first week sales (in fact over that)

that basically never happens for the majority of big games 

Cloudman said:
If it gets bundled, it has a shot of doing it.

no way does Horizon get bundled. It has as good chance as Breath of the Wild as being bundled. Won't happen. Its a game that sells itself but is not universally accessible for a console bundle like an FPS or sports game would be.

Is not impossible but this games tend to be very front-loaded so I would say no.

Around the Network

No it wont, unless a new expansion or two are included later. Its already behind Zelda on Amazon USA this month and the best zelda game 'only' sold less than 8 million lifetime worldwide

I said before it launched that I wouldn't be surprised if it could reach 8 million LTD. I'd be willing to say now I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it reached 10mill. Seems a tad high, but HZD's legs thus far have been quite impressive. I mean it's still selling at #18 on Amazon at full price more than 7 weeks since release.

Unless the game is bundled with the PS4 and PS4 Pro in the future, I don't see that happening. Would be cool, though. That game is awesome.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Unless the game is bundled with the PS4 and PS4 Pro in the future, I don't see that happening. Would be cool, though. That game is awesome.

This. 

The only way it could ever hit 10 million is with it being heavily bundled. Without a bundle I will reach 5-6 million max. 

Think for yourself, question authority

it will surpass 10 mil easily.