By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Horizon Zero Dawn Sell 10mil Lifetime? (Or Close to It)

extremely unlikely. that would be like a 5x sell rate multiple over first week sales (in fact over that)

that basically never happens for the majority of big games 

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
If it gets bundled, it has a shot of doing it.

no way does Horizon get bundled. It has as good chance as Breath of the Wild as being bundled. Won't happen. Its a game that sells itself but is not universally accessible for a console bundle like an FPS or sports game would be.

Is not impossible but this games tend to be very front-loaded so I would say no.

No it wont, unless a new expansion or two are included later. Its already behind Zelda on Amazon USA this month and the best zelda game 'only' sold less than 8 million lifetime worldwide

I said before it launched that I wouldn't be surprised if it could reach 8 million LTD. I'd be willing to say now I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it reached 10mill. Seems a tad high, but HZD's legs thus far have been quite impressive. I mean it's still selling at #18 on Amazon at full price more than 7 weeks since release.

Around the Network

Unless the game is bundled with the PS4 and PS4 Pro in the future, I don't see that happening. Would be cool, though. That game is awesome.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Unless the game is bundled with the PS4 and PS4 Pro in the future, I don't see that happening. Would be cool, though. That game is awesome.

This. 

The only way it could ever hit 10 million is with it being heavily bundled. Without a bundle I will reach 5-6 million max. 

Think for yourself, question authority

it will surpass 10 mil easily.

8mil lifetime which is incredible for a new ip

Keyword - Bundles.
Yes if they give it away with every PS4 bundle. Look at UC4. It was in every PS4 bundle last year and it doubled its sales count from 4m to 8m.