By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft Switch details: 60fps, 13x bigger worlds than WiiU, WiiU world transfers

Does that mean the Switch is 13x better than the Wii U???

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Yes, and it will sell 13x more.

StarDoor said:
vivster said:

Yes, and it will sell 13x more.

It probably already has.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Does the WiiU version runs at 60fps?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
vivster said:

I don't know. Probably runs at 5fps seeing how the Switch is 13x better and runs at 60fps.

Around the Network
vivster said:
FunFan said:

I don't know. Probably runs at 5fps seeing how the Switch is 13x better and runs at 60fps.

No no no. See. If the game world is 13x on Switch and the framerate is better then we can calculate how much better the Switch is. Heres the formula:

Minecraft Game World Size * Frame rate improvement = Switch Betterness.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
vivster said:

No no no. See. If the game world is 13x on Switch and the framerate is better then we can calculate how much better the Switch is. Heres the formula:

Minecraft Game World Size * Frame rate improvement = Switch Betterness.

What does higher framerate have to do with being better tho. If anything it's the other way around. So it's actually:

Minecraft Game World Size / Frame rate improvement = Switch Betterness.

13x the size of the worlds on a machine with effectively double the processor ability and double the memory is a fairly damn nice achievement.

You know I was thinking that I'd be happy with the last gen systems version running smoothly on the Switch (considering the Vita version can drop to a crawl at stressful times) but to hear they've actually done work and improved it to this magnitude will be an instant purchase for me.

Colour me excited by the next month of Switch, MK8 and Minecraft, very nice.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Well, looks like I will probably be getting Minecraft (again).

Good on Microsoft/Mojang to put some effort on this, sounds like a much better version then the PSVita and I think Minecraft on vita was the best sold game on the vita right?

Twitter @CyberMalistix