By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft Switch details: 60fps, 13x bigger worlds than WiiU, WiiU world transfers

Miyamotoo said:
This will easily be definitive handheld version of game, much better than Vitas version, so in Japan will most likely be quite popular.

MCPE has infinite worlds and cross play with the W10 Edition (which is coded in C++ and performs much better than the Java version, so if it reaches complete feature parity it could replace the Java edition) and an integrated mod API as well as free custom skins. It's getting very close to the PC version and is handled by Mojang not 4J.

I'd personally rather have MCPE on the Switch, but the console version also isn't far off from PC at all either.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

-Wii U to Switch world transfers is something they are working on but not at launch (cool)

-Switch has been very easy to work with

-60fps

-When it releases it will be on par on the January update and will be quickly caught up to the other versions after release.

-Switch (medium on PS4) is about 3072 x 3072.

-Vita / Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U are 864 x 864.

-PS4 / Xbox One are 5120 x 5120 (large).

So world sizes are roughly 13x as big as WiiU but not quite as big as PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361587

That is still pretty good though.

For comparative sake... The PC worlds can go to 29,999,984 x 29,999,984.

darkrulier said:

But Switch is easier to take anywhere than a laptop, just saying...

It's a good thing PC comes in Tablet form.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Is the game going to have a price increase like the Wii U version did?

Pemalite said:
Miyamotoo said:

-Wii U to Switch world transfers is something they are working on but not at launch (cool)

-Switch has been very easy to work with

-60fps

-When it releases it will be on par on the January update and will be quickly caught up to the other versions after release.

-Switch (medium on PS4) is about 3072 x 3072.

-Vita / Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U are 864 x 864.

-PS4 / Xbox One are 5120 x 5120 (large).

So world sizes are roughly 13x as big as WiiU but not quite as big as PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361587

That is still pretty good though.

For comparative sake... The PC worlds can go to 29,999,984 x 29,999,984.

STOP VOXEL SHAMING!!!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
FunFan said:

No no no. See. If the game world is 13x on Switch and the framerate is better then we can calculate how much better the Switch is. Heres the formula:

Minecraft Game World Size * Frame rate improvement = Switch Betterness.

What does higher framerate have to do with being better tho. If anything it's the other way around. So it's actually:

Minecraft Game World Size / Frame rate improvement = Switch Betterness.

((+_+))

Is this due to the Law of Cinematic Superiority?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

It may not be the size of the PS4/XBO versions, but it still sounds big nonetheless. I may actually buy this one, as my friends and I all kinda thought it'd be neat if we could all play together via our Switches. We'll see how that turns out in May.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread