By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russians what do you think of Canada?

CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

No need to be Russia phobe, Russian people are nice people and probably just want peace and prosperity.

Nice people? How nice is this?

You're saying THESE people probably just want peace and prosperity?

You need to get a grip. Homophobes exist in every country, not just Russia.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

No need to be Russia phobe, Russian people are nice people and probably just want peace and prosperity.

Nice people? How nice is this?

You're saying THESE people probably just want peace and prosperity?

Not everyone that doesn't share your viewpoints are mean Captain.

And that video doesn't share the views of 100% of Russia.

CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

Not everyone that doesn't share your viewpoints are mean Captain.

And that video doesn't share the views of 100% of Russia.

Well they seem to be the majority of Russia. Especially thanks to Putin making homosexuality illegal in the country. What's he going to ban next, handicapped children?

There are Russians that oppose his views and want to combat that. You think they're bad as well?

Russians for the most part are conservative but that's because most of them have no choice. Media is controlled and there's no freedom of speech.

Goatseye said:
Mnementh said:

Russia isn't backing NK. China is, and they got very upset with North Korea, but still keeping their agreement with them, while criticizing Kim. Russia is unhappy if military options are ppulled against North Korea, because they don't want north korean fugitives flooding into the country. And vetoing military action is really supporting a regime now? Come on.

Isn't that what Russia is doing in Syria with the help of Assad? Weaponizing mass migration to regurtitate the worst of Far Right movements to break up EU and ultimately NATO?

Maybe. Although I'm under the impression people in Syria flee before the war itself and the terrorists as much as the regime. Pre-war were was no flood of fugitives from Syria, although Bashad was already the leader. Whatever the case in Syria, the problem of fugitives from North Korea in case of a war would be real, no wonder Russia has an opinion about military action. But they surely don't want nuclear weapons in  the hands of Kim.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CaptainExplosion said:
LurkerJ said:

Absolutely false. Where do the called western-backed moderate rebels, aka ISIS, fit in this ridiculous scenario?

We didn't back Islamic State. They're just extremists, and Putin's trying to put the blame on us when they're his fault too. Why else did terrorists blow up that Russian airliner in Egypt?

It's hard to put blame for IS on Russia. Russia wasn't involved in the region beofre Syria. The IS mostly was a result of the breakdown of the Iraq-government as a result of the US-led Iraq war against Hussein. The emergence of the IS wasn't an intended result, but it was a result nevertheless.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Goatseye said:

There are Russians that oppose his views and want to combat that.

And Putin is putting them to death constantly. No wonder he gets along so well with Assaad and Trump.

???

Hiku said:
Sharu said:

That young guy (Vladimir Kara-Murza) twice got drugs overdose. His father is smart economist and writing books and articles. One of them, by the way will be very good to read for any modern man, its the "Art of manipulation". You talking about his son, who is 'professional oppositioner'. Never worked , goes to tv shows, talking his position. Drugs is part of his problem, not Putin. He's not threat to anybody except himself, not popular, not smart, nothing.

In this particular case, he asked for a police investigation three times, and was denied three times.
And he is just one of many examples. So it's not just "USA propaganda" even if they have an agenda here as well, but there are things that people in general, regardless of their origin, find very suspicious.

personally I find it far harder to believe that the FSB was trying to kill him and failed twice at such a soft target in the exact same way, most likely he has other issues. This just doesn't seem to be a realistic scenario, if they wanted him dead he would be dead..

Goatseye said:
DaaaBeast said:

You guys joking right? Mass migration started long before Russia even got there. Id like to remind you that US with friends where bombing shit out of SyriA for several years before Russians joined the party. And before that there was Livia and before there was Irak and so on. I could continue but I hope you got the point.

Russia has been openly supporting Assad since the break of civil war in 2011. Before US started bombing Syria.

So what? Mass migration didnt start because of Assad. Mass migration did start because US destroyed Libia and Irak. And then they tried to destroy Syria by arming all kind of fanatics left and right, that is how ISIS appeared. There would be no war in the middle east and no refuges if not for NATO. 

Hiku said:
nanarchy said:

personally I find it far harder to believe that the FSB was trying to kill him and failed twice at such a soft target in the exact same way, most likely he has other issues. This just doesn't seem to be a realistic scenario, if they wanted him dead he would be dead..

Who said they wanted him dead? He was saved by the same hospital, and the very same medical team all three times, from the same poison. And the member of the Russian Investigative Committee who contacted his lawyer also made it clear that he was the same person who handled their case last time.
The fact that he can't get the police to investigate this, three times, no matter how clearcut the case may seem, is a far scarier message to people about what kind of power they are opposing, than if he had just died the first time. There are already many other examples of that.
That's why I chose this particular example, and not the any of the other 20 or so.

And if this is about him having other issues, I doubt he would willingly go so far to determine what caused this. He has been to rehab and done thorough testing in other clinics outside of Russia.

"In January of 2016 Kara-Murza received the results of the examination, which was conducted by French experts. In his analysis significantly exceeded the maximum allowable concentration of four heavy metals: manganese — 59.5% (in hair samples were detected 33,9 nanograms per milligram), copper — by 1.8 times (112 nanograms per milligram) zinc — 2.25% (473 nanograms per milligram), mercury — in 1,2 times (2,01 nanograms per milligram). In addition, his body was found 19 times less than the minimum permissible level of iron (or 0.68 nanograms per milligram)."

I find it far harder to believe that he is abusing substances that cause him to overdose on these heavy metals, and then go through all of this every time to find the cause.

Really? Because as far as I know junkies are abusing substances that kill them eventually all the time lol

DaaaBeast said:
Goatseye said:

Russia has been openly supporting Assad since the break of civil war in 2011. Before US started bombing Syria.

So what? Mass migration didnt start because of Assad. Mass migration did start because US destroyed Libia and Irak. And then they tried to destroy Syria by arming all kind of fanatics left and right, that is how ISIS appeared. There would be no war in the middle east and no refuges if not for NATO. 

So, mas migration is because of Libya and Iraq. Okay.

Just to let you know, moder Middle Eastern conflicts started since the break up of Ottoman Empire and the unification of Saudi Kingdom.