By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Smash for Switch?

Do you want a NEW Smash Bros. for Switch?

Game set!! (Yes) 75 88.24%

Failure... (No) 10 11.76%

Total:85

I'd be fine with no Smash as long as Sakurai brings something else interesting like Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Around the Network

I think they should just take Smash Melee, Brawl, and U/DS and put them on one game card with enhanced graphics.

It sounds like a new game would kill poor Sakurai anyway.

I don't know if I'm alone on this one but, would anyone want a retro mode? (n64 style graphics, sound effects, and music) you know that comic book style vibe that it had? In addition to the new game?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Its almost certain we getting Smash Bros 4 port for Switch, so we want see completely new Smash for some time.

mZuzek said:

It's kinda easy to say there weren't enough stages if you're only playing the Wii U version (which is the only right one, to be fair). However, they split the stages between 3DS and Wii U, so they had to bring back a lot of older ones to fill in the gaps - together, there's plenty of new stages, which is why it'd be fine if they just brought them over from both versions into the Switch.

Combining the Wii U and 3DS versions to make a Switch version still won't make SSB4 the best SSB or even worth a second purchase. StarOcean is correct, getting rid of a story or adventure mode made a backtrack for the series. It is disappointing and also completely relevant to complain about.

Now, if they introduced a store mode (like they introduced a renewed battle mode for MK8 DX) then that would solve many problems as judging SSB4 for the half-game it is means that half is very half-good.

Around the Network

Hopefully a new one could have real worth content for SP like the adventure mode in Melee.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile