By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon 2 Sell 5mil Lifetime........ In Japan Alone?? [YeS It Will] [Update: 4.5mil Ship+Digital]

Pavolink said:
@Ryng.
Yes, I still expect that.
Splatoon 3 to cut the tentacles.

Splat3 aint coming out this year. 5mil is still optimistic (but much more likelier compared to before) but 2.5mil-3mil? You do know ship+digital is probably around 2.2mil-2.3mil as of now right? Itll be pver 2.5mil by half of the year minimum by then. 

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
I see you added me to the wall and then noticed I'm still on the green. I still stand by my original prediction (between 3.5m and 4.5m)

I wanted to include you, because 3.5 million at this point is impossible, but there is still a (small) chance for 4-4.5 million, soooooooooooooooooooooo you are fine for now.

For now. ;P

Genos8 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAMMELLO, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok, this is where we start to be bold xD you are basically predicting Splatoon 2 to become the best selling game of all time in Japan.

Is it possible? I don't want to say is not because......... never say never with Splatoon, but yeah, as for now that's a bit too much. xD

between 5 and 6 million looks realistic for now, imo... Hope i don't bump this thread again quoting myself. D:

Not even pokemon did that? Than maybe I should lower that to 6-7m. But splatoon already proved so many people wrong and the switch will be a monster in sales. The potential is there.

Edit: site says pokemon red/blue did 10m+  and second place was gold and silver with 7.2m. Yeah, should wait for the 5m mark before predicting much more.

VGC is wrong. Famitsu has Pokémon Red/Blue/Green just under 8 million lifetime.

Gold and Silver are a bit over 6 million, and they are at #4, the TOP 3 is:

Pokémon RED/Blue/Green = 7.94m
Super Mario Bros = 6.81m
New Super Mario Bros = 6.43m

https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/game-search

Pavolink said:
@Ryng.

So you think Splatoon 3 will release this summer. Because there is no way Splatoon 2 don't hit 3 million by that. Well, good luck.

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
@Ryng.

Splat3 aint coming out this year. 5mil is still optimistic (but much more likelier compared to before) but 2.5mil-3mil? You do know ship+digital is probably around 2.2mil-2.3mil as of now right? Itll be pver 2.5mil by half of the year minimum by then. 

It's over 2m Tbone.

By the end of June, there are 25 weeks left. The game has to sell less than 20.000 weekly avg for sell less than 2.5m. And less than 40.000 for sell less than 3m.

Impossible for be only 2.5m, and 3m may actually be conservate but is not guaranteed. 2.7/2.8 million minimum imo.

I'm happy I didn't post here. I would have been wrong. Just don't bump tbones Mario odyssey prediction. Thanks in advance.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
I'm happy I didn't post here. I would have been wrong. Just don't bump tbones Mario odyssey prediction. Thanks in advance.

That will be another fun bump.

That game will sell no less than 15m, and we both made a thread about possible 20m goal lol!

It's most likely at 7/8m shipped by the end of 2017..........

Around the Network

The one takeaway I have from my time on this forum is: Never doubt a crazy t-bone prediction, They tend to come true.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Kerotan said:
So many terrible predictions in here. It's well on the way to the 5m I'm expecting it to sell. This will be another epic Kerotan prediction.

Yup. Not gonna lie, i wanted to quote you with something like " this guy saw the light", and others who made a good prediction, but then there was no fun at all.

I could easily have wound people up and said 2m max but then I'd look stupid. So I used my brain and gave an honest prediction. Realistic too. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
tbone51 said:

It's over 2m Tbone.

By the end of June, there are 25 weeks left. The game has to sell less than 20.000 weekly avg for sell less than 2.5m. And less than 40.000 for sell less than 3m.

Impossible for be only 2.5m, and 3m may actually be conservate but is not guaranteed. 2.7/2.8 million minimum imo.

3m and not a single copy more.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

It's over 2m Tbone.

3m and not a single copy more.

Ryng going to avatar bet you lol. Just to be clear splatoon sold over 400k after its first year in japan on a dying platform. 

Zelda botw is at 800k and i  expect that to hitbat least another 300k lifetime. Your so wrong on this. 4mil+ is 100t guarateed yet but 3mil is the floor not the ceiling at this rate

SuperNova said:
The one takeaway I have from my time on this forum is: Never doubt a crazy t-bone prediction, They tend to come true.

Yessssss! (Half of them do if not come close enough ;p)