By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Switch prediction

specialk said:
FallingTitan said:
If you look at the Wii U launch numbers its almost the same as the Switch.

So based off that....I predict the switch will have 20-25 million sales in 5 years.

Wii U launched in the Holiday window.  And Switch right now is limited by the quantity that Nintendo can put out. 

Ahh very true.

Because of this i have upped my prediction to 25-35million lifetime sales.  Great catch.

Heres the wiki link for the wii U sales if you wanna see progression 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Launch

3.06 Million in a month. Great start. I was one of the day 1 buyers of wii U.  Love that console.  But I think all nintendo fans go hard out the gate and buy it early.

Around the Network
FallingTitan said:
specialk said:

Wii U launched in the Holiday window.  And Switch right now is limited by the quantity that Nintendo can put out. 

Ahh very true.

Because of this i have upped my prediction to 25-35million lifetime sales.  Great catch.

Heres the wiki link for the wii U sales if you wanna see progression 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Launch

3.06 Million in a month. Great start. I was one of the day 1 buyers of wii U.  Love that console.  But I think all nintendo fans go hard out the gate and buy it early.

These are units shipped, according to VGChartz the Wii U didn't actually hit 3 million units sold until June 2013 (more than 7 months after launch). Nintendo thought the Wii U was gonna be another Wii and overshipped a ton than what actually got sold.

Back and with the bold predictions :D

I think 15M is on the high side though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

i honestly don't see it. I reckon a few will be waiting for a beefier revision. so that will depend on Nintendo how long that takes.

I know I am in that category. When with the 3DS by the same time on the market I already had 2 of them. Now i am in double digits with them lol. ATM i have zero reason to do the same with Switch.

You're way too optimistic.

Around the Network

The switch will sell 60M lifetime maximum. And even that is very unlikely. My best estimate at this point is 40M lifetime, but it is early yet. We will all have a better picture after the sales from this coming holiday season are reported.