By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Nintendo Switch prediction

Hi Ryng, how have you been? Nice to see you here again, old friend.

About your prediction, about on par with what I expect, so can clearly see this happening

Around the Network

15 million for Splatoon 2? That's more than a little optimistc, and I don't think they can ship more Switch than they can produce, last word we got was that projected production was bumped up to 16 million for the fiscal year, which ends in March, so shipping 500k more by the end of December 2017 than you've produced by March 2018 is, well, impossible. Besides, I'm not even sure Nintendo themselves have confirmed this figure yet.

Hey, it'll do well, certainly miles better than the Wii U, but a lot of people are really going overboard with this machine and its prospects. Time will tell, by the end of the year, we'll know more and by the end of Q1 next year we'll have a crystal clear idea of the likely lifetime prospects. The market has changed so much, so a mediocre start can turn into a blaze and a great start can turn sour equally well, so more time is needed for consoles on the market in order to make a fair assessment.

Anyway; nice to have you back though, welcome!

Insane Numbers for Splatoon 2!
But I sort of agree with the other numbers...... maybe 1 -3 milllion less.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I feel that all of them figures are too optimistic. In particular, do we really expect EU+RoW to carry 1.35 million shipments when US+Japan combine for 1.35 million?

That said, given the rest of your hardware predictions, I feel that you are underestimating BoTW but dramatically overestimating Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
Of course, the 4 million figure for Fire Emblem for Switch is what I feel is absolute bollocks. You honestly want me to think that Fire Emblem game is going to sell more than twice the previous record holder? As a fan of the series, I'd be overjoyed to see it happen, but I'm tempering my expectations. Take, for instance, what happened to Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn after the success of the GBA Fire Emblem titles.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Hi Ryng! I was wondering what you where up to, just a couple of days ago. I miss your comparison charts. :)

Very optimistic numbers, I think the Switch sell through this year will be closer to 12m (at least I hope it'll be that high). You're probably on point with ARMS. Splatoon seems high, but Splatoon is also a beast, especially in Japan. I guess we'll see.

Welcome back!

Around the Network

Welcome back you were missed.
As for the prediction the most I can see the switch selling this year is 12 million so I don't think it can do over 16 million this year.
Software wise Mario 3d world sold around 4.6m and 3d land I'd 10.9m so I can see Odyssey doing 15m.
As for Splatoon maybe 6-7million.
Arms I think 3m.

I think Splatoon 2 sells fewer copies than the original.

If you look at the Wii U launch numbers its almost the same as the Switch.

So based off that....I predict the switch will have 20-25 million sales in 5 years.

16m not gonna happen. 10-12 max is way more realistic.

FallingTitan said:
If you look at the Wii U launch numbers its almost the same as the Switch.

So based off that....I predict the switch will have 20-25 million sales in 5 years.

Wii U launched in the Holiday window.  And Switch right now is limited by the quantity that Nintendo can put out.