By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - America is a bigger threat to world peace than North Korea

I think just our military might and international... presence and influence pretty much makes us the biggest threat to world peace by default. Any ill advised actions from the US can and do have global ramifications. Not that there would be world peace if the US just ceased to exist, or became entirely isolationist. Actually it would more likely be the opposite at this point.

Around the Network
Seventizz said:
I'm Canadian and I disagree with this thread 100%. It's stupid and should be closed/deleted. Apparently the OP knows nothing about N Korea and what it does to millions of its own people.

No need to close it. It encourages discussion. Thats a good thing.

This sounds outlandish and insane at first, but the more I think about it, as someone who is about as anti-interventionalist and anti war as they come, and who knows our clandestine empire tactics of "economic hitmen" and CIA supported assassinations/military coups and the like.. It's tough to disagree with him. We're just a lot more subtle about these sort of things. We need Ron Paul :(. Trump is a step in the right direction from the imperialist neocons/neolibs but still far too war mongering. We're sort of a weird duality of an example of freedom and prosperity yet at the same time we're very imperialist and in many ways growing less free from within, as our liberties are slowly and subtly being stripped away. 

Though in all fairness, North Korea would probably be FAR more dangerous if they have more influence/power/population. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Ruler said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes. On ISIS. The guys who have taken credit for numerous terrorist attacks around the world?

At the end of this sentence is the world's tiniest violin playing for all the dead ISIS fighters.

Oh those poor, poor terrorists. Why can't we let them coordinate deliberate attacks on civilians in peace?

That doesnt give the US the right to use the GBU-43, a weapon of mass destruction against anyone.

Let's make an exception for ISIS, shall we? Their Paris attack alone killed 130 and injured 368. I must remind you in case you have forgotten that ISIS targeted Paris knowing full well it was a civilian target. My university mourned the death of one of its alumni after the attack as a matter of fact.

This GBU-43 killed 30-something ISIS fighters as far as is currently known and was dropped on a tunnel complex used by ISIS.

Ruler said:

When just some days ago the US accused Assad of using some of his allgeged chemical weapons of mass destruction, and is now accusing North Korea of wanting to test weapons of mass destruction. Thats pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

The GBU-43 is neither a chemical nor nuclear weapon.

Bravo on sticking up for ISIS by the way. I'm honestly impressed.

North Korea's pretty bad too.

I hope then we can all agree that the U.S should close its military bases, and the American taxpayer can get some nice savings on our tax bills.

Japan and South Korea can defend themselves against North Korea.

Europe can defend itself against Russia.

Israel can work to make peace with their neighbors rather than having bull dog U.S on a leash.

We can maybe keep a large Navy so that nobody messes with our trade routes, but otherwise let everyone else fend for themselves.

And we Americans can be non-interventionist again.

I am not being sarcastic, by the way. I seriously think that the U.S should not be subsidizing the national defense of other countries. They should foot their own bills.

Around the Network
FallingTitan said:
GProgrammer said:

Well for one thing is Russia has more than enough Nuclear weapons to kill EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the USA within 20 minutes, and theres literally nothing the US could do about it.

Why are you in such a hurry to die, surely your life isn't that bad is it?

Im guessing usa can't do it back to them and then some?

I dont like bullies and nkorea and russia are those. And no I'd survive. I have a secret.

No the Russians have slightly more nuclear weapons than the USA, plus its nearly 2x the size hence your chance of survival in the USA per km^2 is lower than in Russia. Russia has enough firepower to destroy the USA totally (and I assume the reverse is also true, hence the word MAD) so unless your secret is moving to ,for example the wilderness in Canada or the Bralizilian rainforestyou're screwed.

VGPolyglot said:
KLXVER said:

What does your country do thats a threat to the US?

You don't have to be a threat for them fuck with you. They overthrew the governments in Chile and Guatemala, it's not like those countries could have done anything to them.

Ahahahaha, wow. I'm from Mexico and the only threat that we represent to the US is that they could lose the amount of cheap labor that no American wants to do. The US would never attack Mexico or Canada. Both Mexico's and Canada's governments are the US lap dogs no matter how much they claim they will protect the interest of their people.

sc94597 said:
I am not being sarcastic, by the way. I seriously think that the U.S should not be subsidizing the national defense of other countries. They should foot their own bills.

You don't reaize most of the countries don't want the US bases there, so they'll be happy. Its mainly on USA's insistance that such bases exist.

KLXVER said:
Eagle367 said:

Except you are twisting logic here. Cops are not a single group and some cops have killed for all the wrong reasons like the us cops that kill African Americans for no reason while some genuinely kill as a last effort with no other way of doing things while some are corrupt and kill to keep honest people quiet about their corruption. I don't know the ted fella but if the war veteran was a US war veteran in Vietnam or participated in the killings of innocents in the middle east or wherever then yes the war veteran is probably worse than the Ted guy. And Murica has no reason for killing the majority of the innocents it kills. Senseless killing just like the terrorists. In cold blood clear cit state sponsored terrorism if you aks me. Murica ahas killed hundreds of innocents if not thousands in drone strikes in Pakistan, Afghanistan and the middle east. Imagine doing that in UK or France just to kill one terrorist while killing 20 innocents for that one terrorist. I said imagine UK or France since you don't consider Pakistani or Asian lives in general to be of the Same standard as European or western lives. Then there is the fact that USA has burned down many villages in Afghanistan again killing many innocents for some terrorists. The false strou about Iraq having WMDs to attack Iraq and again killing thousands of innocents in a pointless war. Then there are the report of US killing thousands of innocents in Syria per month. That's right per month. You can also look at the carnage US caused by looking at pre-US invasion countries and post-US invasion countries like Syria before and Iraq before and Afghanistan before and Lybia before and Lebanon before. The conditions might not have been ideal but Mich better before US involvement. When killing more innocents then some of the world's most dangerous terrorists probably even combined then damn sure killing more INNOCENTS is a good metric to show what is evil and what isn't. It isn't a righteous cause or war of necessity that the US is fighting and killing innocents in, its a war of pleasure, control, profit and doing it just because you can. That's what makes it worse and evil. Even now US is more concerned with Assad than Daesh and the president is likely more concerned with which store sells his daughter's items then the lives of Americans let alone the people that the US kills and the regions that it destroys. In fact he recently sounded like he wanted to have sex with a cake and couldn't remember he bombed syria

Im sorry, but casualties of war is not the same thing as just killing innocent people. Its horrible sure, but theres a difference. They are fighting terrorism and its not as simple as one country fighting another in this case. Its a very complicated situation that nobody has a clear answer to.

I have never said that Asian lives(which includes Pakistan btw) are less then any other and you know it. Thats a low blow.

They break international laws by launching drones and killing much more innocents in Pakistan then terrorists. Last I check Pakistan was not a war zone and without a war how can there be casualties of war? Stop making hollow and vain excuses. The USA is just as guilty as Daesh about killing innocents without any regard and is no better than the group in Syria. The big private firms benefit from war and when there isn't one they create one like in Iraq. Funny how you talk about casualties if war but forget that USA caused the war in the first place. These stupid excuses make me wanna puke. At least the terrorists own their killings unlike the USA which lies and lies and lies and talks about the value of human life without having any. The USA has probably killed more innocents then  terrorists anyways and there is no reason for it to be in the middle east yet it is so the excuses become more silly. Also have you ever heard about a terrorist attack in Pakistan? But you hear about it as soon as it happens in France and its talked about for days if not months. That shows how much you value one peoples loves over the other. And I guarantee that no matter how common these attacks become in those nations you'll always hear about them so don't even try to say its due to norm and frequency. Every excuse you make is hollow and there is an easy reply to all of them cause US is not fighting a right and just war for humanity it is fighting a war of profits for its elites

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

GProgrammer said:
sc94597 said:

You don't reaize most of the countries don't want the US bases there, so they'll be happy. Its mainly on USA's insistance that such bases exist.

Alrighty then. With my conversations with Europeans online, the sentiment seems more mixed than you're leading on, but if that is the case, win-win.