By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch destroys Nintendo sales record in US 906k

That's an insane amount of hardware/software sold in such a span of time. I have to say I never estimated Switch to do this good.

Around the Network
Roar_Of_War said:

Rofl Zelda outsold the console itself...on a single platform alone. 

Zelda fans are the most passionate 

leo-j said:
Zelda sold more than the switch did..... lots of Nintendo guys jumping onboard in the U.s Already!

Breath Of The Wild is so good that manage to surpass 100% attachment ratio.

Though in all seriousness this game will likely be the best selling non pack in launch game i am absolutely sure of it.

Thats excellent news.This also probably means that the total shipment for march ended up being bigger than 2 millions.I mean, almost 50% went to US alone, so it must be bigger than 2 millions worldwide.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Zelda having a greater than 100% tie ratio (lol) shows that the system is appealing to really core gamers IMO.

Nintendo should not forget that, and they should in fact double down on that and market heavier to that audience like they have been.

You don't need a Wii Sports or Brain Training to have great sales, the reason is Switch has functionality the PS4/XB1 simply can't have that is easily understood by everyone. So Nintendo doesn't need to bend over backwards and try so hard to manufacture a completely different audience from their rear end. The Switch is unique by the simple virtue of its design, nothing else is needed. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
GProgrammer said:

Theres another game that managed over 100%, know what it is? I'll give you a hint

No, just no.

Accept the greatness that is Knack

GProgrammer said:
KLXVER said:

No, just no.

Accept the greatness that is Knack

I would if it was true, but its not even close. It sold like 82K at launch in the US when the PS4 sold over a million.

Might make a new thread on this later but looking at the Switch sales record for Nintendo and the huge attachment rate the Zelda has. I'm gonna predict that Sony will make The Last Of Us Part 2 a cross gen game with the PS5 assuming my 2019 predicted release year for the PS5 is correct. Since while the PS5 will likely do great at launch having something like a Naughty Dog game at launch will be not only create huge PR in a good way by having a critically acclaim at launch but having a way to play The Last Of Us Part 2 at native 4K and 60FPS could make a large amount of already existing PS4 and PS4 Pro owners tempted to get a PS5 at launch.

Damnn!!! Those are some faptastic numbers!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Does it cover digital games for the Switch or are those physical numbers for Zelda only?