By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT sport beta Vs Forza motorsport 6 AI

DeusXmachina said:
That's the point of the Drivatars. They're supposed to be less robotic. Cars in Forza make mistakes, some times try to hit you to get an advantage.

Those are acadeeacer tactics in real life there is no advantage. Because you ruin your car and aerodynamics in doing so.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
I've not played either, so could someone who has offer some insight on this? What's being shown in the GT portion seems like basic path finding, which i'd have thought is easy to implement and comes with minimal resource overhead. Is the lack of it in Forza 6 intentional in specific circumstances, or does it in general act this way (and if so, why?).

Forza Series uses Drivatars which is randomly generated AI which all depends on the skill and experience of the actual players driving.

GT Sport uses regular AI like all the other racers.

Chris Hu said:
Skeeuk said:

forza AI has never been good, In fact forza tracks are slightly wider to give an uneducated gamer the sense that they are flying round laps ie it handles well

GT is better all round, i predict GTsport to be one of the biggest games in 2017

No its not FM7 will easily have a higher metascore then GT Sport.  The only X1 Forza game it might have a higher score then is FM5.  Also the tracks is Forza a now very acurate they all have been laser scanned.  Not all the tracks in GT are super acuarte either they totally fucked up the corckscrew turn from Laguna Seca in GT6.

Nobody said anything about how the meta will compare between FM7 and GT Sport...

Oh, and no...Laguna Seca was changed in 2013 after it was scanned for GT6. Not to say that there's anything wrong with Fozas tracks. They just use a different camera angle which makes everything seem wider.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

BraLoD said:
Skeeuk said:

forza AI has never been good, In fact forza tracks are slightly wider to give an uneducated gamer the sense that they are flying round laps ie it handles well

GT is better all round, i predict GTsport to be one of the biggest games in 2017

If EU is ready to embrace it, it'll outsell GT6 in a blink of an eye.
Honestly, now it's sounding like it's GT7, so I'm mad at them not calling it GT7, call if GT7: Sport if you may, but call it GT7...

Thanks for your bumb up XD.

I laughed youtube comment that Genious turismo VS Fool motorsports 6.

Around the Network

I'm reading some impressions of the GT Sport beta, and came across a quote that seems relevant to this thread.

"The AI in this game behaves like real world drivers would. In comparison, Forza's Drivatars behave like real world gamers would. A key distinction."

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Chris Hu said:

No its not FM7 will easily have a higher metascore then GT Sport.  The only X1 Forza game it might have a higher score then is FM5.  Also the tracks is Forza a now very acurate they all have been laser scanned.  Not all the tracks in GT are super acuarte either they totally fucked up the corckscrew turn from Laguna Seca in GT6.

Nobody said anything about how the meta will compare between FM7 and GT Sport...

Oh, and no...Laguna Seca was changed in 2013 after it was scanned for GT6. Not to say that there's anything wrong with Fozas tracks. They just use a different camera angle which makes everything seem wider.

I'm guessing they changed it because its mostly a motorcyle track now.  Since I mostly use 3rd person view in driving games I like that all Forza games give you two options for that view.  Also if you want the tracks to seem and look narrower in Forza then you have to play it in cockpit, hood (bonnet) or fist person view.

This reminds me of a similar video from a few years ago, one which got debunked.

https://youtu.be/r_HJSJLL8_I

In this case however, it looks like the comparison was skewed in favor of GT Sport. While both are at Brands Hatch, GT Sport is on the wide first corner, but Forza is on the tight hairpin afterwards.

Regardless, I hope I don't have to race with ai much anyway. I need to get that S driver rating.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens