By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Scorpio Supports FreeSync and HDMI 2.1 Variable Refresh!

Cool, but not very useful right now, specially given that there's no TV or monitor that can use this feature as of now.

Still, it will be useful in the future once HDMI 2.1 with variable refresh rates gets aproved and TV/monitor manufacturers start to launch models with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
freebs2 said:

Wow, Scorpio is everything the Ps4 Pro should have been. Too bad they don't have exclusives.

But there are no TVs for it.... so right now its just future proofing.

Worse people that buy 4k TV's now, might regret it a year or two from now, when they release Xbox Scorpio / Playstation 5 / Xbox Two, will all be able to make use of freesync, and their TVs bought now dont have it.

In short... its abit to early to jump on 4k bandwagon (imo) give it another year or two, and hopefully by then its cheaper, and will also have freesync, and it ll be the standard for PS5 & XB2.

By the time the PS5 releases I could do with a new TV anyways. Preferably one with a 12 bit panel instead of 10 bit since UHD discs are able to store this data. I guess games will follow to eventually. Anyway this means Scorpio supports dynamic HDR which is a (big) improvement over static HDR.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

looks like MS is making Scorpio a 8th mid-gen upgrade to a 9th gen console

is like they release a early next gen console to play current gen games with much better performance first with 9th gen ready specs

i think it will be 599 launch console that have more future life to slowly drop its price and still surviving like older console life used to be

freebs2 said:

Wow, Scorpio is everything the Ps4 Pro should have been. Too bad they don't have exclusives.

Kinda agree. Scorpio's looking pretty well designed. Still not planning on buying one yet, but it sets a good benchmark for PS5 and other future consoles to meet and exceed.

So looks like AMD will soon have Free Sync TVs.

AMD FreeSync coming to TVs soon

http://www.144hzmonitors.com/technology/amd-freesync-coming-tvs-soon/

Around the Network

Suddenly I don't regret choosing to buy so many 3rd party games digitally on Xbox One.

Sounds like a cool feature, I doubt I'll have a tv that supports it until well after PS5 comes out, though. 

CES 2018 comes a few months after Scorpio launch where the CE big guns roll out 4K HDR FreeSync HDMI 2.1 displays.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

freebs2 said:

Scorpio isnt aimed at PC gamers, so console only gamers will have plenty of Exclusives to play on Scorpio.

Who cares about exclusives. People mentioning that are just reaching for anti MS pro Sony low hanging fruit.

The Xbox One sucks balls with no proper exclusives and inferior ports with frame rate issues and shoddy operating system that is sluggish and awful.

I've got my PS4 Pro for top notch exclusives. The Scorpio will be THE place for multiplats all running at 4K.

Reminds me of the good old PS3 / Xbox 360 days except this time the multiplats will blow us away look better than the the Sony exclusives.

Game over for fanboys and gaming heaven for jaded old farts like me who had given up on decent console performance.