By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man violently removed from United Airlines plane. ~Update~ United may have broken the law.

VGPolyglot said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Well yeah of course but a society where assault is punished is a lot easier to achieve than a society with no assault xD

The problem with that though is that for each assault that gets mass attention like this, there are many more that just get swept under the rug and nobody even knows about.

Well yeah our attention span is awfully short.

Notice how no one is talking about or cares about the current relations between US/Russia/Syria/China/North Korea anymore. 

It's all about Pepsi commercials and United Airlines. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
VGPolyglot said:

The problem with that though is that for each assault that gets mass attention like this, there are many more that just get swept under the rug and nobody even knows about.

Notice how no one is talking about or cares about the current relations between US/Russia/Syria/China/North Korea anymore. 

There was an elementary school shooting too in California I think, not important, no terrorists involved.

It's sad that in today's society only big lawsuits can make a change. The airline won't change policies any other way as they simply figure, we make x dollars extra by overbooking, pay of a few customers with vouchers, profit.

Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

:O What did Pepsi do?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't get it. What's controversial about that?

I think it's that their commidifying dissent and protest.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I don't get it. What's controversial about that?

I think it's that their commidifying dissent and protest.

But isn't protest part of democracry and the way they protrayed it, it doesn't actually look like dissent.

I mean we had something kinda similar like this before during Martial Law when protesters gave flowers to soldiers.

Edited the picture size :)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

United is going to get sued off their ass for this, this guy is going to get a giant fat settlement because no way they want this going to court. 

Overbooking is a shit policy by these airlines, it was only a matter of time before there was a PR blow up about it.

This almost happened to me on a flight, I had a connecting flight, and they were offering like $500 credit to stay in that city, but that wouldn't cover what I had paid for my hotel at my destination and the lost day of vacation.

Airlines should not be fucking selling tickets to people who make plans around those dates and then kicking people off the plane, especially in this situation where they even allowed the guy to board and be seated. 

Fuck United, I hope they get screwed royally in court over this, they are already taking it up the ass in the PR department right now as this has gone viral. This is not how you conduct business. 

Actually United will settle but the guy can get absolutly nothing.  Once you are asked to leave and refuse you are tresspassing.  From there they can remove you and if you resist then anything from there can be attributed with being your fault.  What people have to remember is that under federal regulations airlines can overbook and they have the right to deny you service on that flight.  Federal regulations to stipulate they have to reimbuse up to a certain amount.

Imaginedvl said:
SuperNova said:

You keep acting like the airline hadn't royally fucked up here. They lied. The plane wasn't even overbooked. They just wanted to seat their own employees instead of paying costumers. Customers always take presedece over employees, but they decided to boot the customers off anyways AFTER they were already seated.

Just about everything about this was poorly handled and badly planned. They clearly don't know how to run their business.

And yes, they used unneccessary force on a man who had payed for a ticked and that posed no security risk. He wasn't pulling a gun on anyone, he was saying 'I'm going to call my lawyer.' at wich point they decided the best way to resolve the situation was to knock him out.

First of all, no I'm not "acting" in any way... I said multiple time that this is not even the problem here. United may be wrong in the way they overbooked the flight or whatever other reasons they had to remove 4 people from it. But again, that's not even the point...
Second, this has been seen before and explained multiple times, even if you have your own rules about how things are taking prescedence on others, 4 empployees means most likely that they were a crew for another flight resulting in a very bad chain reaction in delays etc for a LOT of people in another airport... I mean, it sucks for the guy but it happens and you coming out with your "lie" accusation will not change it. How do you know that? How do you know better than anyone else the reason United had to abosultly get those 4 employees to the other airport? 

The guy bought a ticket with a contract on it. I mean it sucks; I would HATE to have to -deplane for that too... Like really; I would be pissed.

But no matter what is the reason, at the end when cops are coming and ask you (first peacefully) to de-plane; you de-plane... You just do it and then you can fill a complain, sue the company or whatever... But you listen to the authorities.  

It is, since the situation only occured out of United acting unprofessionally and likely outside of their right. This man had done nothing wrong. He was within his right to be on that plane and they very likely had no right to remove him.

Yes, I am aware of that. And I do not believe for a second that United gives an actual shit about the other people in that chain reaction, other than for monetary reasons. They screwed up, they likely realized to late and rather than getting their employees to their next flight in some other way or accepting that their scheduling error would cost them a lot of compensation, they decided to bribe and bully their own paying customers in order to fix their mistake.

Besides, none of that is the Doctors fault and he should not have to carry the consequences of an airline fucking up.

This is not a 'lie' accusation. The plane was not overbooked. Employees are Non-Revenue Passengers.

The contract he signed by buying his ticket states no where that they have the right to forcibly remove him from a plane he already, rightfully, boarded, provided that he doesn't pose a security risk. Wich he didn't, even according to United themselves. Their contract as it pertains to overbooking mentions denial of boarding. Nothing in there states that you can be removed from the plane for any reason other than a security or health risk or by refusal to produce your boarding pass and identity. None of wich applies.

Nothing out of bounds if the guy refused to leave the airplane.

My issue is the airline letting him in instead of refusing him at boarding.

http://imgur.com/gallery/qyoYV

I'll just leave this here

Muffin31190 said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/qyoYV

I'll just leave this here

Good information.

Unfortunately it's not relevant to this as the link you posted is about being refused boarding. Nothing about what happens once you've already boarded the plane and they try to kick you off. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'