By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man violently removed from United Airlines plane. ~Update~ United may have broken the law.

Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Rules are rules... And part of your rights are to follow them not ignore them whenever you feel like it.
Yes, in an airport (and a plane), when airport authorities or police request you to de-plane, you blindly agree because it is the law and you should be smart enough (the dude was not) to understand that you will get out of the plane no matter what (if you think are wrong or right about the decision does not matter at this time)...

Then after that you can sue, cry, act the way you want and defend your "rights"... But again, that's 2 different things.

You keep saying that, and you keep contradicting yourself. Peoples rights are laws as well, and they too need to be respected.

Besides, UA's refusal of transport rules don't even cover overbooked flights. Their denied boarding rules do... but the guy had already boarded the plane so it's too late for them.

Plus by meekly accepting some company trampling over his rights the guy probably would have just been told "you got your $800 compensation, now fuck off" if he'd tried to do anything after. Now however... well I don't think UA are likely to pull any crap like that again any time soon, so that's a positive for every person that travels with them in the future.

I'm not contradicting myself at all; you are just making assumption here about what United can or cannot do (I'm doing it as well) and there is no such rule for someone to do whatever they want and just ignore the company rules in that case.

You are talking like you know 100% sure that United does not have anything in their contract allowing them to de-planed someone after boarding, where did you get that? Also, on top of it you also assume the airport authorities know less than you about that? Because if they actually went for it, it is most likely because they knew they were in their right.

And again, the dude did not want to complain. You can call this his right, but then getting hurt in the process is just an accident. Because at the end, other than letting the dude do whatever his wanted and basically follows his own rules) the only end to this was for him to get out of the plane.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Imaginedvl said:

Yes the dude got suspended (which is normal in any case like that and when they is a investigation and does not prove any of your point).

But yes, that's how society works today, entitled peoples. You are right about that. The person decided not to comply and now all the shitstorm is coming and will most likely impact a LOT of people that were just doing their job...

I didn't mean entitled people by my comment. I meant it takes a shitstorm in today's society to get people to re-evaluate shitty practices. Just doing your job is a terrible excuse no matter what profession you're in, airline stooge or security officer.

No you did not :) That's just my oppinion about a lot of people in today's society :)

Imaginedvl said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You keep saying that, and you keep contradicting yourself. Peoples rights are laws as well, and they too need to be respected.

Besides, UA's refusal of transport rules don't even cover overbooked flights. Their denied boarding rules do... but the guy had already boarded the plane so it's too late for them.

Plus by meekly accepting some company trampling over his rights the guy probably would have just been told "you got your $800 compensation, now fuck off" if he'd tried to do anything after. Now however... well I don't think UA are likely to pull any crap like that again any time soon, so that's a positive for every person that travels with them in the future.

I'm not contradicting myself at all; you are just making assumption here about what United can or cannot do (I'm doing it as well) and there is no such rule for someone to do whatever they want and just ignore the company rules in that case.

You are talking like you know 100% sure that United does not have anything in their contract allowing them to de-planed someone after boarding, where did you get that? Also, on top of it you also assume the airport authorities know less than you about that? Because if they actually went for it, it is most likely because they knew they were in their right.

And again, the dude did not want to complain. You can call this his right, but then getting hurt in the process is just an accident. Because at the end, other than letting the dude do whatever his wanted and basically follows his own rules) the only end to this was for him to get out of the plane.

Can you send a link of their rules?

Imaginedvl said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No security guards or people in authority make any mistakes. 

If you forceably move someone and they get hurt, you hurt them. Especially as now it seems nothing in their policy says about removing people after they've boarded the plane due to overbooking. They didn't fulfill their end of the business contract of services therefore this guy had every right to not want to move. 

They bloodied up an old man and dragged him off as he slowly regained conciousness. Even if they were in the right to remove him there's other ways of doing it that these guys clearly aren't trained for.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

VGPolyglot said:
Imaginedvl said:

Just read everything next time before to reply with this.

You have no idea about those rules and you are just assuming (as I do, like I said if you took the time to actually read it). So, no, I have no link and neither do you. But it is very likely they are very clear about that in their contract no matter how you may find dumb or evil (again I'm assuming here)...

But as I keep saying and you keep ignoring, it is not about the rules at the end. If such rule does not exist then the guy can sue United later, not following a police officer request is another story and that's what got him hurt.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
VGPolyglot said:

You have no idea about those rules and you are just assuming (as I do, like I said if you took the time to actually read it). So, no, I have no link and neither do you. But it is very likely they are very clear about that in their contract no matter how you may find dumb or evil (again I'm assuming here)...

But as I keep saying and you keep ignoring, it is not about the rules at the end. If such rule does not exist then the guy can sue United later, not following a police officer request is another story and that's what got him hurt.

Yep, there it is. You think that they can do whatever they want, whether it's allowed or not. So, why should we put any importance into what you're saying?

Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

1. The same is true for United Airlines employees and airport security...

2. From their contract of carriage posted on their website https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/contract-of-carriage.aspx
There's nothing obvious there, maybe they've got something hidden in the fine print though. Or maybe they'll even claim they had to refuse the guy transport because the plane being overbooked was "an act of god". Would that hold up in court though? Because that's what really matters. Even if they said "we're allowed to beat people up and throw them off the plane whenever we feel like it" it wouldn't matter because there is no chance something like that would hold up in court.

Well, he just replied to me that it doesn't really matter if it's against the rules, so I don't think you're going to get anywhere with him.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Imaginedvl said:

If you forceably move someone and they get hurt, you hurt them. Especially as now it seems nothing in their policy says about removing people after they've boarded the plane due to overbooking. They didn't fulfill their end of the business contract of services therefore this guy had every right to not want to move. 

They bloodied up an old man and dragged him off as he slowly regained conciousness. Even if they were in the right to remove him there's other ways of doing it that these guys clearly aren't trained for.

Yes of course. Let the plane wait hours while person is not complying, ignore the other passengers who are all waiting too. Fuck the other plane waiting for the crew (the 4 employees) at the other airport.

Maybe we can also bring 20 people who can remove him while he his resisting like an idiot and make sure to bring pillows too and maybe a drink to keep him hydrated in the whole process...

Alll of this because one person decided to do not comply to authorities... Makes sense :)

And actually, the most funny thing in all of this. The dude is going to win millions and officer is going to lose his job. That's how society works today.

Imaginedvl said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yes of course. Let the plane wait hours while person is not complying, ignore the other passengers who are all waiting too. Fuck the other plane waiting for the crew (the 4 employees) at the other airport.

Maybe we can also bring 20 people who can remove him while he his resisting like an idiot and make sure to bring pillows too and maybe a drink to keep him hydrated in the whole process...

Alll of this because one person decided to do not comply to authorities... Makes sense :)

And actually, the most funny thing in all of this. The dude is going to win millions and officer is going to lose his job. That's how society works today.

Security officer assaults old man with no authority to do so and loses his job.

That's a society I'd want to live in to be honest. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

All I can say is that I hope for your sake a cop never stops you in the street and demands you suck his cock... ya know, since you think he's allowed to beat the shit out of you if you reject his request, even if it's against the law, just because he's a cop...

1) Requesting someone to deplane in an airport is not comparable to cop asking you to suck his cock and it is a valide request and perfectly reasonable in that situation. You have to learn to make the diffirence here.
2) Getting hurt by "accident" is the same as beating the shit out of you...

At first I thought you were really debating about this issue but now I can see the kind of believes and person you are with this last post. I bet cops are all evil and corrupted right?