By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2017-04-12 Nintendo Direct minmin horde day

Splatoon 2 July 21,

Nothing new.....

Around the Network

July 21st!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hmm, so it looks like June and July will have their day.

Well that covered some solids. I take it that we'll see more new stuff at E3. So the 'blow it all out before hand' crowd can calm down.

Wish there was more 1st party, but it looks like 3rd party is getting better even if it's not overflowing yet.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Meh... The only new thing announced that I might get is Namco Museum.

No Virtual Console news is a bummer. Splatoon 2 in July is cool though and the new hoarde mode looks like fun.

I'm oddly excited about that Monopoly game and that spaceship shooter, but the third party support for this system continues to look very, very dismal. I wouldn't even mind Android ports at this point. 

Around the Network

Well, my biggest takeaways are these:

1. The 3DS is still alive and well.
2. ARMS is looking really good, but I need more.
3. They're putting their money and faith in Mario Kart being a huge system seller for 3 months until Splatoon 2 comes out.
4. Splatoon 2 comes out in July. BOOOOOOO!

21 July on independance day dayum.

So ARMS in mid June, Splatoon end of July and a bunch of smaller releases to pad out May. So excited about noodle girl, she rocks!
Also were those special toquise Joy-Con i spotted with Monopoly? nintendo's going to get me with these, they totally are....
I'm pretty happy with this overall,

Payday 2 on Switch seems wiiiierd.

Battle Chasers is from the same developers as Darksiders BTW and not saying that because THQ name. It's a KS game by former Vigil devs including Joe Mad himself. Fate Extello is kinda neat coming to Switch. Now not sure if I get it on PS4 or not. ARMS yup still getting. Neo Yellow is close but I need Neon Green. Monster hUnter Stories coming west is confirmed so awesome. Ever Oasis has a date so awesome. I don't have a Switch yet but still getting games for it until I do have one late this year.

Horde mode in Splatoon is great news :)

Arm is looking better and better each time we see it.

Battle Chasers and Sine Mora look pretty cool!