By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait, DID Horizon First Week Global Sales Really Outpace BotW's? (PLEASE READ FIRST POST)

Which did you enjoy more?

Breath of the Wild 402 32.74%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 377 30.70%

I haven't played both yet/Unsure 286 23.29%

See Results 163 13.27%

Total:1,228
Neodegenerate said:
Roar_Of_War said:

It doesn't matter when other factors get involved that make your statement worthless. 

So very testy.  Those other factors don't exist as a constant for everyone.  I say this of course as one of the people you discount who bought BotW digitally on my Wii U.  But hey, don't let things like an option for external HD storage or constantly increasing digital sales deter you from trying to say a factual statement is worthless.  You can continue to cherry pick a factual statement for your personal reasons, but it doesn't make what I said any less correct and factual.

The number of people who buy more storage for a both dead and unpopular, overpriced system is likely pretty low. The factor that retail units were in low supply overall comparatively is a fact that applies to everyone. 

Your statement gets even more worthless considering sales data so far (and not at all for vgchartz) isn't accounting for digital sales anyway, so digital has no relevance in this debate on the topic of physical sales to begin with.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Neodegenerate said:

So very testy.  Those other factors don't exist as a constant for everyone.  I say this of course as one of the people you discount who bought BotW digitally on my Wii U.  But hey, don't let things like an option for external HD storage or constantly increasing digital sales deter you from trying to say a factual statement is worthless.  You can continue to cherry pick a factual statement for your personal reasons, but it doesn't make what I said any less correct and factual.

No offense but going by japan/uk sales threads,the fanbase/gamers want to play it on the attractive new hardware than the dead one. I mean look at persona5 in UK. Only 3% got it on ps3 despite a bigget user base than ps4

And nothing in what I said indicated that I don't understand that.  What I said was a correction for a guy who wants to claim the game is only available on the Switch.  Then of course you have the other people who seem to think that when a new console comes out everyone either tosses the old one in the trash or refrains from buying software on it at all until they are able to get their hands on the supply constrained item.  When in fact there are at least 300-400k people who either A, couldnt get a switch and bought it on Wii U or B, elected to get it on Wii U because they already have that system and aren't buying a new system for one game.  Imagine though if the Wii U release wasn't so supply constrained.  Perhaps it would've moved a million as well.

Roar_Of_War said:
Neodegenerate said:

The number of people who buy more storage for a both dead and unpopular, overpriced system is likely pretty low. The factor that retail units were in low supply overall comparatively is a fact that applies to everyone. 

Your statement gets even more worthless considering sales data so far (and not at all for vgchartz) isn't accounting for digital says anyway, so digital has no relevance in this debate on the topic of physical sales to begin with.

My statement was to correct someone who stated the game is only available on a system that sold 1.5 million or so units.  Still failing to see where the statement is worthless to anyone who wants to deal in reality and not in Switch-only world.

Neodegenerate said:
Roar_Of_War said:

Your statement gets even more worthless considering sales data so far (and not at all for vgchartz) isn't accounting for digital says anyway, so digital has no relevance in this debate on the topic of physical sales to begin with.

My statement was to correct someone who stated the game is only available on a system that sold 1.5 million or so units.  Still failing to see where the statement is worthless to anyone who wants to deal in reality and not in Switch-only world.

Oh, okay. My bad, I thought your point was to argue it could've sold better on Wii U somehow despite the circumstances.

Roar_Of_War said:
Neodegenerate said:

Oh, okay. My bad, I thought your point was to argue it could've sold better on Wii U somehow to him.

No not at all.  The only way it would've sold better on Wii U than on Switch would be if they shipped more for Wii U than they did for Switch. 

Around the Network
Roar_Of_War said:
Neodegenerate said:

Oh, okay. My bad, I thought your point was to argue it could've sold better on Wii U somehow despite the circumstances.

Wait so you did all that arguing and calling his statement worthless without even knowing the context of his statement....come one now lol. I think you owe him a digital hug now at the very least lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Roar_Of_War said:

Wait so you did all that arguing and calling his statement worthless without even knowing the context of his statement....come one now lol. I think you owe him a digital hug now at the very least lol.

Pretty much, I tend to argue arrogantly even when I don't know what I'm talking about sadly. :p

Sorry for the misunderstandIng. 

Breath of the Wild is the next best thing for gaming, I'm literally addicted to it, and the last time this has happened was Skyrim :P

I want to play Horizon when I get the chance, but I expect Zelda to sell better in the long run, it's a huge game and this time the open world means almost anyone can just grab a controller and have fun with it

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Zelda had and still has the limiting factor of available Switch units against it.

The good news in this regard is that it will likely keep selling quite well for the rest of the year.

I fully expect Zelda to eventually reach 8-10 million units, so whether it's beaten by Horizon for now isn't a big deal for Nintendo, but still, good on Sony with this one!

Roar_Of_War said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Pretty much, I tend to argue arrogantly even when I don't know what I'm talking about sadly. :p

Sorry for the misunderstandIng. 

It is cool man lol. Takes a strong person to admit when they are wrong.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23