By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Has Allegedly Killed 1400+ Civilians In the Past Month

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

And if they blame America they blame oil.  

Anyway what America,  assad and Russia are doing is horrible.  All 3 parties should be ashamed.  I'm glad my country is neutral. 

You can add IS, Al-Nusra (or how they are called now) and other rebels, Turkey and Saudi-Arabia to that list. I don't know any party involved that is on morally stable grounds. Maybe the Kurds, but I'm not sure either. The world is in the crappers, WWII is too long ago and the people are willing to make another mess.

UK and France don't get a free pass either for their shitty influence. It's really messy

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Aeolus451 said:

I looked around for a good gif for a bit to go with the topic of this thread and here ya go.

Here's my general reaction to the topic. 

Yeah you've just summarised the problem with the world with one tasteless post

I don't care. They use civilians as shields. 

Aeolus451 said:

I looked around for a good gif for a bit to go with the topic of this thread and here ya go.

Wow. Really? You know they were people right? 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, I know but I literally don't care especially when the people who were the targets purposely put civilians near them and they dress as civilians themselves. People die in wars. We don't check the bomb sites to do an actual count on what was hit. They rely on the locals to give them "intel" on what was hit. It's the whole reason why militaries use uniforms and don't put military targets in populated areas. If they dress as civilians then they really can't complain about civilians getting hit. 

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

And if they blame America they blame oil.  

Anyway what America,  assad and Russia are doing is horrible.  All 3 parties should be ashamed.  I'm glad my country is neutral. 

You can add IS, Al-Nusra (or how they are called now) and other rebels, Turkey and Saudi-Arabia to that list. I don't know any party involved that is on morally stable grounds. Maybe the Kurds, but I'm not sure either. The world is in the crappers, WWII is too long ago and the people are willing to make another mess.

Yeah fully agreed.  There is so much wrong doing out there. 

@shadow 

And that's why bully tactics by former colonisers like England never worked.  

And it still holds true for the modern day equivalents the USA.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Ummmm Egypt alone would hand Isreal the death blow

Did they 1948?

Are you serious? That was 70 damned years ago. I suggest you check current military strengths and numbers. 1948! Now ive seen everything lol

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Aeolus451 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah, I know but I literally don't care especially when the people who were the targets purposely put civilians near them and they dress as civilians themselves. People die in wars. We don't check the bomb sites to do an actual count on what was hit. They rely on the locals to give them "intel" on what was hit. It's the whole reason why militaries use uniforms and don't put military targets in populated areas. If they dress as civilians then they really can't complain about civilians getting hit. 

And why was Aleppo different? Was it because Assad and Russia were doing the bombing and not america?

And how do you know they are using civilians? Have you been there personally or do you just assume things that prove you right. Sure it might partly that but we're talking about 1000+ civilians. This is not a small number and it certainly doesn't seem accidental, if not intentional. Sure human shields are a thing but it's no excuse and it certainly isn't a few exceptions. At the very least it wasn't handled with any consideration towards them.

Wonder how you'd think if the civilians were American? Or do civilian deaths in other countries carry less weight? 1000+... 

Also, the sole criticism of coalition forces in Syria is the most tone-deaf of all criticisms. The damage done by the Coalition forces is a barely worthy of a footnote in the list of tragedies.

For those interested in learning more about what's been done in terms of war crimes and human rights violations, I highly encourage you to read into the Syrian Accountability Project and the Syrian Network for Human Rights.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mnementh said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Ummmm Egypt alone would hand Isreal the death blow

Did they 1948?

What is it with people on here? 1947 was 70 years ago. Geez keep up with the times and look at CURRENT numbers. USA fought off the Bay of Pigs invasion! There we have it Cuba can beat America

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

outlawauron said:

Also, the sole criticism of coalition forces in Syria is the most tone-deaf of all criticisms. The damage done by the Coalition forces is a barely worthy of a footnote in the list of tragedies.

For those interested in learning more about what's been done in terms of war crimes and human rights violations, I highly encourage you to read into the Syrian Accountability Project and the Syrian Network for Human Rights.

Directly they haven't. But ISIS's involvement in Syria wasn't in the news till 2013 when they were there from the start..

Also US's involvement in Mosul is worse than the Syrian government's in Aleppo. So sure you can twist like that