By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A hypothetical question for those thinking of buying a Scorpio

Which Option Would You Choose?

Option A ($399) 24 34.29%

Option B ($499) 34 48.57%

Option C ($599) 12 17.14%

Total:70

Hypothetically,

What if XB said to gamers, we have these 3 console options for Scorpio going forward, and we will build and sell whichever option gets the most votes.

Which one would you choose?

Option A

Scorpio hardware and specs more similar to Pro, except with the promised 6Tflops, for a launch price of $399.

Option B

Scorpio hardware and specs exactly as shown, detailed, explained, and accepted by Eurogamer, for a launch price of $499.

Option C

Scorpio hardware and specs similar to that shown/detailed by Eurogamer, except with a Ryzen upgrade, for a launch price of $599.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

Option A

Scorpio hardware and specs exactly the same as Pro, except with the promised 6Tflops, for a launch price of $399.

Did you plan on achieving this using magic or what? Identical specs produce identical performance, and I don't think there's any way around that. If you want different performance, you must have different specs. As such, I don't think this option makes any sense at all without clarification.

Zkuq said:
EricHiggin said:

Option A

Scorpio hardware and specs exactly the same as Pro, except with the promised 6Tflops, for a launch price of $399.

Did you plan on achieving this using magic or what? Identical specs produce identical performance, and I don't think there's any way around that. If you want different performance, you must have different specs. As such, I don't think this option makes any sense at all without clarification.

EricHiggin said:

Option A

Scorpio hardware and specs more similar to Pro, except with the promised 6Tflops, for a launch price of $399.

Since I said hypothetical, I didn't worry about how strict my wording was, and figured everyone would get the point. However, I changed it now based on your comment to leave the door more open to interpretation. Hopefully this will now suffice.

Option D:

No Scorpio and more first party games for original xbone.

Gotta go with the most powerful. Even if I don't notice the difference, I like knowing I'm having the best experience.

Around the Network

The Scorpio is unfortunately mostly redundant to me (my PC outperforms it by a considerable margin), but if i was buying one i'd rather option C. I'm happy to pay more to get more, so just as i wish Sony had followed a similar strategy to MS, i'd also be happy with MS going even further. It'd probably flop harder than a ton of fish, but i'd be happy with it :p

Zekkyou said:
The Scorpio is unfortunately mostly redundant to me (my PC outperforms it by a considerable margin), but if i was buying one i'd rather option C. I'm happy to pay more to get more, so just as i wish Sony had followed a similar strategy to MS, i'd also be happy with MS going even further. It'd probably flop harder than a ton of fish, but i'd be happy with it :p

did you just use fish in a deragotary way? are you associating fish with floping? how dare you

#stopfishhate #itsokaykayne #ilovefishsticksandproud

RolStoppable said:
What if Scorpio as it is will cost $399 anyway?

Wishfull thinking.

Its worse than people that thought the switch would launch at 249$ (I was one of them), that actually had a chance of happending.

399$ is a unrealistic price point to expect for the scorpio at launch.

RolStoppable said:
What if Scorpio as it is will cost $399 anyway?

It is possible, but it'd likley require MS to be willing to take hardware losses again. I personally think they'll target $449, but there's a chance even that will require a small loss (given DF's estimate of $499).

It'd be great PR if they can hit $399 though. That'd be a lot of value to any power conscious gamers.

How much would it cost to build a pc to the xbox scorpio spec at retail prices. Lets say you could do it for $800 then a $400 console based on just the required parts, made in huge numbers with a low margin to both Microsoft and retailers seems possible.